𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴? 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴 [28]

𝙜𝙧𝙖𝙮

"If you're here to be a bitch, then please just leave," Bella sighs, looking at her ceiling and listening to the news, "I'm already pissy."

Laying on her bed, Bella rested on her back, head filled with thoughts from her last mission. Narrowly escaping Secretary Ross, she made it home undetected.

The teen felt her bed dip slightly, her head turning to meet Zeke's ocean blue eyes. He was in the same position as Bella, he just had his arms crossed behind his head. His eyes weren't like the normal condescending or patronizing gleam, it was more sympathetic and loving–which was a little weird.

"Good thing I'm not here to be a bitch," he says, looking at Bella's side profile as her eyes move back to the ceiling. "Your aunt let me in, I thought I'd check up on you."

The girl gives him a small nod, her gaze not wavering. The two laid in silence, staring at the popcorn ceiling. It was only until Bella broke the silence again that they talked.

"Logan's going to be so annoying next time I go to school," she sighs, running her hands through her face.

Zeke frowns slightly, "who cares about what he thinks? You were trying to save people's lives."

"Yeah, then I ended up killing them," Bella turns her head finally looking at the dirty blonde. He was already looking at her, a frown prominent on his lips. One thing he couldn't stop thinking about was how Bella could be so confident with the team and fighting, but the second she stepped foot into the school, she lost it all.

"Hey," Zeke's voice was soft, "you didn't kill anyone, okay? That was Rumlow, not you or the team."

Bella takes in the words, her eyes scanning over Zeke's features. She wasn't going to lie, he was attractive, I mean she hooked up with him for a reason. Without much thought, she blurted out, "why are you being so nice to me? I thought you hated me."

"I don't," the boy answers, his hand hesitantly reaching to tuck a piece of hair behind her ear, "I just- I don't know." He immediately backtracks, "I mean I know I don't hate you, but I don't know why I'm mean to you. I've just never had good luck with getting close to people, you know?"

"I get it," Bella smiles softly, "Friends?"

That question hurt Zeke's gut, like he had a visceral reaction, but hid it. A smile weakly, "friends."

"This doesn't mean I'll go easy on you during training though," Bella adds with a large grin.

𝙜𝙧𝙖𝙮