𝚂𝚊𝚖 𝚡 𝚁𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚛

꧁꧂

"𝙸'𝚕𝚕 𝚊𝚕𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝚋𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚢𝚘𝚞..."

꧁꧂

         It was a warm and sunny summer day, and I awoke from my deep and peaceful sleep to the oh-so familiar sound of birds chirping in a tree right outside my window. It was a feeling I would never get tired of. I hopped out of bed and put on my sturdy work boots. There was no time to waste. After all, I had promised Sam I'd finally hang out with him after he had asked me on multiple occasions to finally take somewhat of a break from my busy farm life. Of course, as a farmer there are no such things as a break, BUT, I could definitely get away with taking a couple hours of free time to unwind.

As I stepped out of my quaint little cabin, I was instantly greeted by my cat. After a couple well deserved scratches and belly rubs, I got straight to work, trying my best to not waste too much time. I ran up and down tending to my farm as quickly as I could. Sam had told me to meet in front of his house at 10, which gave me a good window of time to finish my daily chores without being too rushed, but also leaving a good amount of time to actually hang out with Sam.

I wiped the sweat off my forehead and set all my tools on my front porch. Finished just in time! Sam's house wasn't too far away, just a short walk from my farm. I set off, taking in the beautiful greenery along the way. The Valley always glowed a special glow in the summer, something that was never quite exciting back in Zuzu city. I had lived here in The Valley for about a year and a half now, and got fairly acquainted with all the townsfolk. I'd even found myself in a little friend group, consisting of Sam, and his two best friends, Sebastian and Abigail. The three of them were in a band, and I was easily their number one fan. Whenever I'm able to, I support them in any way I can, which mostly just consists of me using my recourses to make some absolutely banger snacks for all of us when we all hang out. The four of us quickly became inseparable, and I couldn't be happier having found such great friends. Aside from our usual hangout as a group, Sam asked me to hang out with him with it being just us. Sebastian was busy working, and Abigail was busy doing who knows what, which left a very bored Sam desperately looking for company. I couldn't complain of course, I really enjoyed Sam's company. Honestly, I became friends with Sam a lot quicker than Sebastian and Abigail. Considering that they were both rather introverted, it did make a lot of sense for me to become easier friends with the extroverted one of the lot. Sam was super easy to talk to, so we almost instantly clicked.

I had finally reached the clearing from near outside of Marnie's farm house, and was delighted to see Sam right outside his house, practicing his kick-flip. Only a few moments later did he finally realize I was walking towards him, and he popped up his skateboard and grabbed it whilst smiling in my direction. He took a quick glance at his wrist watch and raised his eyebrows at me. Oh boy.

"You're approximately 2 minutes late, (Y/N). Almost sent out a search party for you!" said Sam sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes and chuckled to myself. "Oh cry me a river Sam, I'm here am I not? Now what's the plan, we going dumpster diving through pelican town like you tried convincing Sebastian to do with you just last week? I said with a smirk. If there was one thing about Sam, it was that he was always down for the stupidest things.

Sam turned slightly pink and laughed while playfully pushing me, to where I pushed him right back.

"Actually now that you mention it, that's not that bad of an idea, I'm down if you're down!" Sam laughed.