Part 14

"What's this?" His father asked, trying to open the envelope.

"My letter of resignation," Jungkook replied.

"WHAT?" his father stood up, glaring at Jungkook.

"Open it and read it yourself"

"How the hell can you resign? The deal isn't completed yet" His father spat.

Mr.Jeon's manager ran to him showing him the profits that occurred on the weekend. As expected, Jungkook's product crossed the profit rate which his father kept as a condition. Jungkook came here and stood in front of his father only after confirming the profits himself. 

Since his birth, till now, his father always played games using Jungkook as his puppet. He thought he can control Jungkook's life, and gain money through deals that he controls and this arranged marriage.

Soo young is a daughter of a rich chaebol, whose company is in the first position in the country while Jeon corporation stood second. Soo young saw Jungkook at a party and asked her dad to talk to Jungkook's father.

Jungkook's father accepted the proposal cause if they merge companies, Jungkook would be the king of the corporate world in Korea. But Jungkook, being in love with you, didn't accept this marriage proposal and talked about you for the first time in his house.

Jungkook's father didn't like your background. He was unable to convince Jungkook who was deeply in love with you. Hence he made a deal that took a major turn in both of your lives.

"As per the deal, the profits crossed the mentioned rate. So hereby, I'm taking my resignation and walking away from the Jeon corporation" Jungkook stated.

His mother was already shedding tears standing behind her husband.

"As the deal was clear, I can call off this marriage now" Jungkook smirked.

Jungkook gave a call to Sooyoung. She picked his call within three rings.

"Jungkook?" She was more than surprised to receive a call from her fiance.

"I'm sorry Soo young, I won the deal. So I'm canceling this marriage" he said.

"What?" She mumbled.

"You have a bright future. Find someone who can love you back and treat you as his queen. I can't make my queen cry for me anymore. Goodbye," he hung up the call after his final words.

"You said that you'll give me my share of assets if I crack this deal, right?" He asked his father.

Mr.Jeon didn't reply anything

"I don't need your assets. I'll never lay a finger on them. Eomma, if possible, please transfer my share to some minor orphanages of our country" he said to his mother.

"Jungkook ah, will you leave us?" She was crying loudly now.

"I had to Eomma. When you obliged to follow your husband and ignored me, I too have to listen to my wife and give what she deserves right?" He tried explaining to his mom.

"Y/n is my everything. She never asked me to leave you guys and stay with her. It was my wish and now too, it is my wish to go away from you all" Jungkook said.

Jungkook saw his sister, Ji Eun coming inside the house. She looked at him and ran into his embrace.

"Yaa, how can you not inform me you're coming here?" She said hugging him.

"I came to say my goodbyes," he replied.

She released the hug and looked at him.

"Finally, you are getting what you want right?" She smiled.