Discovering the Truth

Aether screamed in pain as he was chucked across the room. He crashed into a wall and sunk to the floor. He desperately clawed towards his sword, but it was kicked away. He looked up, glaring daggers at the Harbinger that stood before him. That Harbinger was The Balladeer- who also went by Scaramouche- the sixth of the Fatui Harbingers. The Balladeer knelt down, staring Aether directly in his eyes.

"Well, well, well." He said, smirking. "It's a shame, really, Traveler. I never had you down as being so weak." He said, lifting Aether's face by his chin. Aether struggled, but Scaramouche's grip was strong. Aether growled as the Harbinger laughed. "Oh, Aether. You really are something." He said, bringing his face closer to Aether. Their faces were mere centimeters apart. Aether's heart was pounding from adrenalin. 

ba-bum,ba-bum,ba-bum.

It was his adrenalin rush...right? Yeah. It was.

"You are a scumbag." Aether growled. Scaramouche let go of his face, laughing. "Funny. Very funny, Traveler." Scaramouche walked towards Aether's sword. He grabbed it and pointed it at Aether. "Now. Do we want to do this the easy way, or the hard way?" He asked.

Aether scoffed. "Just kill me already." He said, closing his eyes. Aether heard footsteps, and he shut his eyes tighter. He waited.

...Nothing.

He slowly opened one eye and gasped in surprise. He wasn't being stabbed.  Instead, he was a hair's length away from Scaramouche's face.

ba-bum,ba-bum,ba-bum.

There it was. His heart was pounding. He knew now that it wasn't from adrenalin. It wasn't from being thrown across the room. It wasn't from fear. He realized then.

He loved him. He loved him. 

He loved Scaramouche.

Author's note:

Gyahhh!!!! >v< Hihihihi! I'm happy you're here~! This was my first self-written fanfic. I just posted the second part to my AI generated fanfiction, "The Harbinger's Dream" so go check that out! Thank you for being here, and the next part to this fanfic will be posted later. Bye bye, Comrades~~~!