The Forbidden Love

A/N:

GYAAAHHHH- hihihihihihi~! I'm so sorry that it took me this long to get the second part out, comrades. It's been pretty hectic, but I'll try to make more of this. Okay, onto the fanfic. ;)

                                                                               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~             

         Aether let out a small gasp as he opened his eyes, Scaramouche's face mere inches away from his. The firelight flickered in his eyes, causing a thousand tiny details to jump and twist in the blackness of his pupils. Aether stared at him, entranced, as he leaned even closer. He stared into the dark purple eyes that he used to fear, a new feeling rising inside of him. 

 Then, he kissed him.

For a moment, he froze; then he melted into him, kissing him back. He shut his eyes, leaning in. He broke the kiss, his lips parted ever so slightly. Aether opened his eyes, staring into his again, and pressed his lips against the Balladeer's. 

 "Didn't expect that, did ya?" He murmured, smiling against his cheek. 

Aether let out a breathy sigh, his eyes shutting again. 

"No.. I can't say that I did." He felt Scaramouche's lips against his again, and this time deepening the kiss. 

Aether's hands ran through his silky smooth hair as he kissed him back. He sat there, letting him dominate him, giving soft, heated breaths. Suddenly, his eyes snap open and he pushed Scaramouche back. His eyes widen as he realized what he's done. 

        Aether, the mighty Traveler of Teyvatt, kissing a Harbinger. If the others found out about this, he'd be done for. His reputation, his connections...gone. He crawled back.

 "I.." he tried to speak, but words failed to come together. His eyes were wide, filled with panic. Scaramouche merely smiled walking to him and placed his hands on his hips. 

"Relax, I won't tell anyone. You can trust me." Aether took in a deep breath, trying to calm himself. He looked into the eyes of his old enemy, no longer feeling a raging hatred. 

He licked his lips nervously, and Scaramouche moved loose hair behind his ear. He smiled softly at him, a look Aether had never seen displayed on his face before. He shivered a little, and a blush spread on his cheeks. He looked away, slightly embarrassed. 

"What's wrong, Traveler?" He asked in a teasing-but loving- tone. 

"N-nothing." He stammer nervously. 

"Come on, don't be shy. Tell me." 

He sighed, looking at him. "I think you're... perfect." He breathed, looking into his eyes. "It's just... if anybody found out about this.. I'd be done for." He explained, looking at his face in the fire light. 

        Scaramouche seemed to deflate. He grabbed his shoulders, his face only a hand's width from Aether's. "I won't tell anyone, I promise." He whispered, his eyes locking with his. He smiled thankfully at him. 

"Thank you." He whispered. 

     He nodded, and pulled him in for another kiss.This time, there was no panic in the kiss. His fears seemed to melt away. He wrapped his arms around his shoulders, his fingers twisting in his hair as he kissed him back. He breathed in, opening his eyes ever so slightly to see his handsome features. His dark hair smoothed across his face, purple eyes peering at him. Aether smiled at him, and he smiled back. 

"I love you, too, Scaramouche."He smiled, pressing his forehead against the latter's.

 "I love you too, Aether."

A/N:

Hey! Editing this a bit after I've posted it, but let me know if you'd like some smut added to this story. If so, I'd gladly oblige, hehe. ;3  I have a little smut-shot ready to post if you all want it, so lmk in the comments!!