IV

#꒷꒦ :: not proofread & rather rushed

     If you completely disregard the unnecessary scare, today went well

     If you completely disregard the unnecessary scare, today went well. Your fridge is a shelf full and there were no rats wandering your floors. Well, as far as you know. You sat on the thin mattress, looking through your bag before pulling out a notebook. Half full, it included a layout of the town and as much information you could pry out of hostages taken from the town. Speaking of which, you assume they're dead. Which is unfortunate, the town was making such an effort to find them. By effort you mean a half assed missing person paper that's ripped and wrinkly. If only all the townsfolk were as kind as their peers, but that's impossible to ask for any city, no matter its celebrity status.

Throughout the night you would jot down anything you could pick off from your conversation with Julieta, until there was a knock on your door. It was nearing midnight and you had finished and reviewed your notes and reminders.Picking yourself up, you lazily staggered to the door, picking up a gun whilst passing it. You didn't have a peephole, this house wasn't too secure or anything, so you had to crack it open to look.

However, you were met with midnight's jacket of black. Not a soul roamed the streets, or the porch of your house. No one knocked on your door, maybe you're paranoid of the shadowed man that looked through your window.

๑*✩,*✿。.℘

"Thank you young man!" The shining woman smiled down at you, a friendly cloud loomed over her. She handed you some cash for the flowers you had given her, waving you goodbye as you were off to make your next delivery. Though you were provided finances before your family left, you couldn't live a year off of just that, so you picked up a simple job. It wasn't too demanding, three days a week and a couple deliveries of flowers, quite a steal of money. You could also keep the tips! The employer was a sympathetic woman, taking in your story of 'abandonment' to heart. It's not like what you told her was a complete lie.

You had two more deliveries then you had to return the money and get your own greens. However, you were stopped as you were adjusting the bouquets in your hand.

"New boy!" Two teenagers were talking amongst themselves, one had called out to you while waving. She was average in height, average in beauty, average in fashion and average in general. Though you still turned to respond, following behind her was the boy from yesterday, "Dolores told me about a new boy here," said the teenage girl.

"I know you!" Chimed the boy from behind, pushing her to the side, "you're the boy with a gun."

"What...?"

๑*✩,*✿。.℘

"Is this your last one?" Asked the girl as you approached a small house along the side of town.

"It is," you replied, walking up to the house and doing your business. The two were waiting for you when you walked back to them.

"Now will you listen to our introductions?" Questioned the boy, as if you had a choice to refuse. He had you and his relative follow him farther from the city, finally stopping around the edge of the foundation where civil life met nature, "I'm Camilo and this is Mirabel," Mirabel took a seat on some rocks, they were painted on with designs of flowers and butterflies.

Camilo got comfy next to his cousin and invited you to sit by his side. Storing the money from the trips, to keep them safe, you took his offer and sat near him, "I'm [y/n,]"

The sunlight hasn't reached the middle of the sky yet, it was early out and the birds were finally waking up together. Along with other little critters, like mice and squirrels that passed by you in the forest like scenery, "You're new, Dolores told me all about you. She has a big mouth, be careful," a light tap was pressed on your shoulder as Mirabel spoke, triggering a faint smile to cross your lips. You already knew that, "she hears everything, so you wanna whisper, it'll blend in with the rest of normal chatter."