V

Careful, careful, careful

Careful, careful, careful. They were looking at you.

You were handed a small packet full of coins, and you stuffed it in your pocket before the woman closed the door on you. Not even a goodbye. How rude, but that's hypocritical coming from you.

"[y/n!]" Mirabel had finally emerged from the bushes, along with Camilo. The two raced to get to you, Camilo winning as he took the form of a much taller person, "cheat," Mirabel hissed at him.

Two weeks had passed since you arrived, you've gotten closer to the two teenagers in the family. Luisa, not so much, but she was already emotionally damaged enough. She didn't need your assistance. Camilo was pushed off of you by Mirabel, though you side stepped her hug, "your hugs hurt me," you said as Mirabel slightly stumbled ahead. She spared you an apologetic glance, muttering an apology.

"Since we've been friends for soooo long," the boy's fingers rode up your arm, stopping at your shoulder as he pulled you in, "you should visit for dinner! The rest of the family has been dying to meet you."

You couldn't move from Camilo's arms, "we've known each other for two weeks."

"Yeah, super long," he replied, slinging his arm around both of your shoulders as he walked you down the street. Mirabel trailed behind you two, once again being shoved into the shadows of her family, "but we want dinner with you! You know how my abuela is, trying to get everyone's approval."

Within the past two weeks, the pages in your notebook only had more scrawled information. Camilo had begun forming an unnatural distaste for his grandmother, Mirabel never truly stepped out of her family's large shadow to shine. Camilo enjoys your attention, so does Mirabel. Camilo rarely keeps his hands off of you. Mirabel could never come close enough without being pushed off.

However, it was an offer you couldn't refuse, "of course. Tonight, I assume? I'll bring some flowers for your abuela."

Camilo merely snickered, "don't, she doesn't deserve it," both of you could feel Mirabel's eyes drilling through Camilo's skull, "get her little baby flowers! Like newborn ones."

"That's not how flowers work," you felt Camilo's hand drop to your waist, a dangerous area if you weren't trying to kiss up to his family. For now, it's fine, this trust is good.

Mirabel sped up to your duo, jogging at your side, "you could sleep in my ro-"

"MIRABEL," Isabela called for her attention, and she left.

Camilo scoffed, then shot you a smile, "we'll be fine without her."

๑*✩,*✿。.℘

The lights started to flicker with delight upon seeing you arrive at the casita, Camilo at your left like a magnet.

"Camilo," a tall woman with gorgeous, bright hair called out your friends name, the same woman you've given flowers to! She was pretty and nice. She's also a Madrigal. Pepa had hurried out from the house and met you and Camilo halfway on the walkway, bending down to shower her son with kisses. Within the hurricane of kisses, Camilo would whine and complain, something about embarrassing him in front of you, "is this your friend, cariño?"

"Yeah! This is [y/n,] Mirabel talks about him a lot," Pepa smiled down at you, twirling loose tangerine strands between her nimble fingers, "I'm taking him to my room until dinner is ready."

Pepa nodded, ruffling your hair and leaving it a slightly damp mess from her drizzle of excitement, "alright, I'll call you boys down whenever it's ready, don't do anything bad." A smaller man stepped to Pepa's side, the drizzling cloud fading off into the air as you were sent away. This family seemed to have almost perfect chemistry- it's a shame it had to come to a halt.

The two of you scaled the stairs, passing glowing doors inscribed with names and illustrations alike as Camilo guided you to his room.

"Here we are," He said, opening the door and dramatically presenting the inside to you. What you expected was flourishing colors and blinding lights, but instead, it was a relatively normal room! A room belonging to your everyday teenage boy. Besides the box of wigs and clothing in a variety of sizes.

"I thought your rooms were more..." you scavenged for the right words, "exciting?"

The boy gasped in fake offense, slamming the door behind you, "my room is exciting! This is just its normal state, like my normal body! Watch this, watch this," he took you by the shoulders and pushed you forward. Before you knew if, you were plummeting with Camilo above you in the air. Where this hole came from? You don't know, but you assume it was under his control. Around you two were large waterfalls, miles of purple and blue trees and your falling destination glimmered with pink highlights. The rosy pond was inviting you for a swim, and you had no other choice but to fall right in. It was a harsh collision with the water, but it didn't hurt too much. It didn't take longer than 10 seconds before you were above the surface. However, Camilo wasn't over the water yet. Looking down, it was too tinted to see anything within, not even your own legs were visible.

You pushed your body onto the sandy land nearby, turning around to face the water. No sign of Camilo, though there was a ripple in the water. Then, he jumped from the little lake of peonies, drenched in glittering water, hair stuck to his cheeks by the liquid.

"Thoughts?" He said, crawling up as he sat to your left.

"You're ridiculous," you replied whilst you got up, dusting off some sand and ringing as much water as you could from your clothes. Camilo tugged on your sleeve, using it to pull himself up even if he didn't need it.

"I have much more to show you."