𝐗𝐈: 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐃

𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑
𝐀𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐅𝐈 𝐂𝐎𝐀𝐒𝐓, 𝐈𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐘.

Blush pink rose petals, scattered along the sandy pathway. The sun ready to set, a rich amber glow in the sky. A sea blue, breathtaking with the salty breeze that complemented the warmth of the Italian sun.

'Wise men say,
Only fools rush in,
But I can't help falling in love With you'

Mahnoor stepped onto the sand, making her way down the aisle as the pink summer dress she was wearing, floated across the sand. Standing by the officiant's side as everyone else joined them.

'Shall I stay?
Would it be a sin
If I can't help falling in love with you'

Armaan and Seher walked down the aisle, gracefully, arm in arm. Barefoot through the silky sand, they took their seats.

Asfandyar was stood below the arbour, where he would marry Ayla, watching as Zayan walked down the aisle, a little ring pillow in his hand. He walked up the stairs and stood in front of the officiant.

Like a river flows
Surely to the sea
Darling, so it goes
Some things are meant to be

And then the music changed. An entrance song, for Ayla. A long wait until her father was there, right beside her.

Take my hand,
Take my whole life, too
For I can't help falling in love with you

They walked down the aisle, slowly as they took every step together. When they arrived in front of Asfandyar, Ayla's father placed her hand in his.

So then, at long last, Ayla and Asfandyar exchanged vows and rings, all smiles with a few little jokes.

"You may now kiss the bride." The officiant finally spoke. Asfandyar lifted her veil, leaning in to plant a kiss on her forehead.

Everything was perfect. Their families, their friends and all the people they loved, all around them. Nothing could have stopped the day from being more perfect than it was.

Dinner by the waves was followed by their 'first dance' under the stars. Ayla rested her head on Asfandyar's shoulder, swaying to the music.
"Everything was perfect. You were perfect. This whole wedding was perfect." Ayla whispered. "Going above and beyond was easy when it was for you." Asfandyar chuckled.

The dances lasted for almost an hour. A cake cutting ceremony was to follow. Zayan in their arms, the three of them sliced into the decadent cake together. Zayan grabbed the spoon, feeding the cake to Ayla and then Asfandyar, before they could feed it to each other. The crowds were all laughing, as Ayla pinched his cheeks.

"I love you mumma." Zayan smiled, kissing Ayla's cheek. "I love you dadda." He grinned, kissing his father's cheek. Ayla was tearing up- Zayan had called her mumma. She knew that she indeed was his mother because she gave him everything that his biological mother couldn't, but to hear it from Zayan's own mouth was different.

The bouquet toss was the last thing on the list before photos and then departure, and it was no surprise that Mahnoor caught the bouquet. Blushing, she held it up. The maid of honour, an integral woman at this wedding, was deemed the next to be married. Seher and Armaan chuckled, as Mahnoor locked eyes with 'him'. Perhaps she would be next...

LATER THAT EVENING

"If I lived a thousand years, I'd make sure every day was spent by your side and every night with you in my dreams as I close my eyes, in your arms." Ayla whispered, staring up at the moon.

"And if I lived a thousand years I'd spend each day in your love, and I'd take each breath in your name," Asfandyar answered, "And every night I'll spend with you, knowing that my love is with me, always."

"Mumma... Dadda." Zayan called, standing in the doorway of the little beach-house by the sea. Ayla held out her arms, and Zayan came running out, gripping onto her.

She'd been sitting beside Asfandyar, on the sand, her toes underwater. A peaceful moonlit night by the sea with her little family. It would once have been a figure of her wildest dreams, yet she was here, with an adoring husband and son.

This, to them, was the most perfect way of spending the night of their wedding. Creating memories, so that when one day, when Asfandyar and Ayla were old, and Zayan asked them about how they were as newlyweds, Ayla would say, "But don't you remember? You were right there, sitting in between us, by the sea as the salty midnight breeze washed over us."

"Dadda, do you love mumma?" Zayan asked. These were big words and sentences for a one year old. Asfandyar already knew his child would have a genius IQ.

"Yes, I do." Asfandyar smiled, taking Ayla's hand.

"Mumma, do you love dadda?" Zayan asked. "Yes I do." Ayla beamed.

"I love you to the moon." Zayan cheered, hugging both of them.

"I love you to the moon, Mrs Ayla Asfandyar Ali." Asfandyar whispered.

"I love you to the moon, Mr Arsalan Asfandyar Ali." Ayla replied, leaning in to seal their proclamation with a kiss...