Chapter 02

4:00 PM, orientation classes are starting in an hour and I look like crap. Orientation week is supposed to be relaxing and is supposed to allow us to get to know the campus.  Well I'm not doing a great job at that. I might need time to cope with the situation. After all it is only the first day. I can't take the suspense of waiting till my next anxiety attack strikes. It's just a matter of time until I start crying and start thinking about a reason to make me skip school and forget about my passion. What scares me most is having the attack in front of everybody. I can tell my self that I'm stronger than that but lying to myself won't do the trick.

"What's up" said a guy with brown hair and a somewhat masculine body. He had a hoodie that said "hey, girl " on which I thought was weird so I had to ask (typical me) . "What's with the shirt ... I mean sweatshirt no wait it's a hoodie right?"

 Him:   "your funny, and this "hoodie" isn't mine its my brothers why what's wrong with it? Never mind you look lost you're a freshman right?"

Me: " yeah I think I'm lost. Up, freshman."

Him: " let me take you to the orientation classes " he said while reaching out for my hand. " I'm nick and I'm a freshman too "  "what's yours?"

 Me: "your what " I said while putting my hands in my pocket and walking with him

 Nick: " your name "

 Me:"ohh. Its Liz "

 Nick:" ok Elizabeth what are you majoring in " is it acting and singing on Broadway or movies. What? "

 Me: " its Liz ... " "I think Broadway is my place  "

 Nick: "Okay, here we are  "

 Me: " how do you know this place so well"

 Nick: "lets say I know someone who works here "

 Me:" who?"

 Nick:" lets go inside being late on orientation classes isn't a good thing to start school with "

             "George Bernard Shaw said that " life isn't about finding yourself. life is  about creating yourself " and that is what you are supposed to do in the next couple of things " said Ms. Taylor .  A tall redhead that was going to teach us how to fall into different characters. Her first exercise was about choosing an idol. That was easy for me to talk about. When my turn came. I started talking about Barbra and when I was about to finish I saw nick and he was looking at me with a weird look. He was smiling, his look was warm and beautiful and it made me feel like I was on top of the world and not in front of 50 people and an artist. And after I finished he clapped and everyone started to clap too. I didn't think hat I said any thing awesome.

"Barbra Streisand is one of many legendary Broadway actresses. She was an incredible woman that stood for what she love and did what she loved in the most elegant and beautiful way. She is my idol because she is a brave and strong women that chased her dreams in an age or lets century that did not perhaps stand with the women yet she came out on the other side as a funny girl and a talented one. Barbra wasn't as beautiful and hot as Marilyn Monroe and wasn't exactly the typical actress but she did not care and worked harder than most men and women would And her Broadway shows are talked about nowadays and are on popular hits such as glee . I think that an idol should be a person who makes you a better person and she is definitely one"       

                                                                               Liz, About Barbra Streisand.