ii

Stella is currently at Unique's art exhibit, taking in all the little details and aesthetic of his artworks, while she has her headphones on with "Oblivion" playing.

She felt at ease and calm with the mix of the ambient music and the visual arts. She felt a sense of pride for how far Unique has come with his craft and artistry.

She took her time taking pphoto, looking at every masterpiece, and just enjoying herself and the whole vibe of the exhibit.

Meanwhile Unique was entertaining the guests that visited his exhibit; taking photos, chatting, receiving gifts from them. He was so happy and proud that the people visited and seem to love his art and the entire exhibit.

Both Stella and Unique couldn't quite shake off the nervous butterflies fluttering in their chests and stomachs as they're aware of their presence in the venue. None of them will ever be ready enough with what to say once they come across each other. Bahala na.

Naglibot libot din si Unique sa exhibit. From time to time tumitigil siya to entertain guests and take photos and have a little chat with them. Nilabas niya yung phone niya to take stolen photos of the crowd para may remembrance and for documentation na rin.

Kung hindi siya nagkakamali, napakapamilyar nung babaeng mag-isang nakatayo sa harap ng isang sa mga paintings niya.

Kilalang kilala ni Unique yung tindig niya. Suddenly it became hard for him to breathe as his heartbeat quickened like it's desperately beating itself out of his chest just to get to the lady in front of him.

Before he could even take a step towards her, she already turned around. Then their eyes met, which caught both of them off-guard.

Pareho silang napatigil. Hindi nila alam kung lalapit ba sila sa isa't isa o maghihintayan. Hindi sila makapaniwala na pagkatapos ng matagal na panahon, nagkita sila ulit.

Stella and Unique walked towards each other, meeting halfway with a smile tucked in their lips.

Parang nasusuka na natatae silang pareho sa kaba.

Unique let out a chuckle as he grinned at her, "Hello. Mabuti napunta ka."

Stella smiled back at Unique. She forgot how beautiful and breath taking his smiling is. "Of course. You invited me 'di ba?" She was surprised that he was the first one to talk.

"Salamat ah. Sorry I was too forward sa messages. Hindi ko alam kung paano i-break yung 4 years old na yelo sa pagitan natin."

Stella couldnt help but mentally roll her eyes at him. "Yeah it's fine. Don't worry about it." She glanced around and saw that some people seem to be looking at and whispering about them. She couldnt help but feel self-conscious.

"I love your art exhibit, by the way. Mabuti binalikan mo yung love mo for Tessellation art." Stella diverted the conversation to make it bearable.

"Ah oo," Unique walked them both together to the rest of the art exhibit and stopped by one of his art pieces, "Guess it was a good thing na iniwanan ko muna for a while kase it made me realize how much love and passion I have for it."

"Okay what if mawala na naman yung love and passion mo for it? Iiwanan mo ulit?"

Napakagat labi si Unique as he breathed out a humourless chuckle. Alam niyang magkaka-personalan din sila.

"Um... ewan," He shrugged. "Burnout happens diba? Hindi naman sa hindi ko na mahal pero I just need to take a break from it while I do other things that I enjoy doing."

"Sa bagay. Ano bang malay nung art? It'll always be there for you whenever you're ready for it again." Stella decided not to further drive the conversation about them.

"Exactly." Unique wanted to further push the conversation to break the ice and the tension. "Ikaw?"

"Huh?"

"Babalikan mo pa ba?" Unique nervously looked at her. Stella dared herself to hold his gaze, which she did and only made the butterflies vacate to her throat.

"Malay ko. Love and passion dont always suffice y'know." Stella looked away and focused on the repeating patterns of Unique's paintings. "Sometimes, it's best to move on from it and never return for it."

Not that she's unsure of what to say. There's just a lot to unpack in that question and answers to fill in the gaps of the time that has passed them by.

Unique silently nodded,"But do you still love-"

"H-hello po," malumanay na sabi nung babae na nakangiti sa kanila.

Stella smiled back as she cheerfully greeted the girl, "Hiii"

Stella quickly glanced at Unique and saw the slight annoyance on his face from being cut-off by the stranger. He hides it pretty well with his usual stoic expression.

"Okay lang po ba magpa-picture sainyong dalawa?" Nahihiyang tanong nung babae.

"Go lang. Uhh gusto mo picturan ko muna kayo ni Nikkoi, then tayong dalawa tapos tayong tatlo?" Stella suggested.

There's that familiar sinking feeling when Unique heard Stella addressed him in one of his nicknames. It was comforting.

The girl agreed then they proceeded to take pictures of one another using the girl's phone.

"Omg thank you so much po sobraa" the girl gushed after they were finished taking photos.

Stella giggled, "No problem,darling. Ingat po."

"Ingat," Pahabol ni Unique as they both waved goodbye at her.

Pinagpatuloy nilang libutin and buong venue, making sure to stop by long enough to marvel at his works while having a conversation.

Both Stella and Unique eased into each other's presence and sa dami ng kuwento nila, they secretly wish they could hangout after this to catch up and get to know the persons they are now.

Pero sa dami ng pagbabago sa 4 apat na taon na magkahiwalay sila, siguro may mga bagay talaga na hindi na kailangan na tuluyang balikan.