004 - I'm Going To Miss You

-1994-

Much time had now passed. Halloween, Christmas, and even valentines had come and gone. Yet, even in the July downpour, she would still come out to the now muddy forest, little rain boots splotching against the wet dirt as she carried a big black umbrella, proclaiming it was 'for you, so you don't get wet!' While giving another one of her signature grins.

They both knew nearly everything about one another now, and Thanya could even put a basic German sentence together. Sometimes they would practice by talking only in german to each other, practicing slowly to get it right.

During Christmas, Slenderman had even taught her some common folk songs for the season, like 'O Tannenbaum' and 'Ava Maria'. There was even a point in time where he accidentally taught her a not so nice word. Let's just say it was really fun when she accidentally used it in front of her parents, and later got in trouble for it.

Both of them learned to choose their words more carefully that day.

Eventually, her parents started to grow anxious. Of course, they had been nervous since the beginning, but now their child went into the forest every single day, some days coming back singing songs in Latin or German—and that wasn't even the most concerning part. The most concerning part, was when she got frustrated.

Nearly every day, she tried to convince her parents that the faceless friend of hers was real, and when they wouldn't listen, she would start to argue with them—in German.

Imagine getting threatened by a three year old in German.

Well. Today was a special day, for a special reason.

Going up to their special meeting tree, Thanya gave it the super secret special knock.

Turning around, just like usual, Slenderman was right behind. But unlike usual, there was a something small in his hands, wrapped in a small red cloth.

Happy birthday Thanya. He whispered.

Thanya gasped and have a glittery-eyed smile. "You remembered!"

Of course I did, I wouldn't miss your birthday for the world. He said, kneeling down to her height as to give her the object.

Gingerly taking the small wrapped up object, she unfolded the cloth to reveal what was underneath. Staring at the piece in wonder, she held it up as it glittered in the precious sunlight.

The golden wristwatch looked like it cost her more money than a months worth of her parents average pay combined. It was more fitted for the wrist of an adult, but it didn't matter.

"How did you get this...?" She asked, still turning it every which way in the sunlight.

Oh, I have my ways...but I saw it, and I thought you might like it.

"So you stole it."

He sighed.

Yes. I stole it.

Sighing, she cleaned away at some of the small dirt patches and debris. She turned to look up at Slenderman.

"Can... can you help me put it on?"