002 - The Tall One

-1993-
It had been about a day since meeting that strange tall man. When Thanya had told her parents that a really tall faceless man had led her back to the path, they had both looked at each other, exchanging nervous glances. "It's... nice dear that you made a new friend." Her mommy had said.

Even if Thanya wasn't very smart, she wasn't an idiot either. It didn't take a really smart person to know that mommy and daddy didn't believe her.

No matter. Today, she was going back on the path. After telling her mother goodbye, she didn't give her mother enough time to respond, saying "i'llbebacksoonokayIloveyoubye!" As she went out the door.

Walking down the path, she found the same place the creature had dropped her off last time, and walked into the forest.

It did not take long for her to find the same spot as last time. Moving aside some leaves, she found a drawing in the dirt—four stick figures and an arrow. Smiling to her self as she pushed more leaves out of the way, Thanya's eyes wondered to the short figure with hair, and the tall one without.

Pressing her fingers into the dirt, she made two small indents in the smaller ones face, before dragging her finger across the lower half of its face, creating an illusion of a smile in the dirt. Than ya thought about drawing a smile on the taller one as well, before stopping herself. Right.

Standing up and brushing herself off, Thanya turned around to head back to the path. Before she even made a single step to head back however, she looked down at the little S in the dirt. S...S what? Surely the creatures name was not just S, and seeing ad they got interrupted in their previous meeting, it had probably not finished writing.

Thanya began to walk back to the path, when she heard leaves crunching behind her. While last time she had nothing on her, this time she had a basket. Did the basket attract animals? She turned around, looking at the cause of the noise.

It was not an animal, in fact—it was what she came for. "Tall person!" Thanya exclaimed, smiling up at the creature. Said creature stood very still, looking down at the child, facial features lacking. Kneeling down in front of the child, the creature kept its hands and its side. Thanya giggled and ran towards the creature, dropping the basket as she went for a hug.

He tensed up at first, before settling down and returning a gesture. Such a sweet child... Anyway, the girl soon let go, pulling back as to look at the beast.

"Do you eat?"

The monster blinked. Did he eat? What kind of question was tha-oh.

Right.

...

Well.

The tall creature nodded. Thanya just gave another one of her signature smiles. "Well then, I brought some stuff I thought you might like!" She said, as she walked over to where her basket was.

She pulled a small plastic tin out, and a neatly crocheted blanket, which she laid over the dead grass, sticks, rocks, and leaves in front of the lanky creature, placing the tin on top and taking out a couple more pieces of plastic cutlery.

"I thought we could share a picnic, since my mommy and daddy had to go to work, and I r didn't have one yesterday. What do you think?"