Chapter 0: A new professor?

As the sunrise became more clear, quick and loud chattering accompanied by swift footsteps echoed through the Academy halls in the early time of 5:00 AM.

Most students have mastered the routine of arriving to their school very early than thought, which impressed most of the professors. Some found it either normal or unhealthy, but regardless it was something they learned to adapt in their stay inside of the Parfaedian Institute as a mere student.

"Good morning, Cream Puff Cookie!" A classmate of Cream Puff's greeted. Gesturing her a small wave, which in return Cream Puff made a small grin. Still a bit shy to verbally communicate with her schoolmates despite being good allies throughout the years.

Ah, Cream Puff Cookie. A quite favored student amongst the teachers due to her enthusiastic yet goofy character. She may have her own flaws such as poor understanding in formal English, but she still learned well in the graceful classrooms of the Academy.

She was very much known to be one to misword a specific magic spell, which other children would use against her and pick on her harshly.

That was ages ago, though. The tormenting mainly stopped after many lectures from the rest of the professors towards those kids. Agh, youngsters are really a pain sometimes.

After the bullying had stopped for Cream Puff, she was more on put to ease as she can finally work in peace without needing her work to be trash-talked upon by anyone. That's something she genuinely thanks the Academy staffs for, in all honesty.

But back to the story.

After their warm greeting, both seperated ways to head off to their designated locations that they wanted to be in.

Call Cream Puff weird, but she often stays in the teacher's faculty room. Only for short reasons, though.

But in general, she really just enjoyed the company inside of it. There were lots of kind teachers, but some are rather absent there most of the time. Because, you see... The professors do have their personal office for their personal work. But it's usually used just as an alternative room just incase. But to a few others, they use those rooms more than the faculty, mainly because they don't want to really be sat around with other people.

Harsh but it is understandable, right?

Carrying on.

As Cream Puff made her way towards the faculty, she may have overheard some... Gossiping, coming from the school janitors. She knew she shouldn't eavesdrop in any possible way, but with how she heard that there would be a new professor arriving by, she couldn't simply take down that opportunity to know more.

So being nervous and sneaky, she managed to slip herself in a spot where most no other cookies would be able to find her immediately. It wasn't the best spot, but it worked out in the end.

Now she stood there, 'ears' open towards the broken sentences spilled from the lips of the janitors. She couldn't quite make out what they rambled on about but she did know that they were talking about a new fella coming in town. With that basic information, she felt excited to meet this new professor. But she also felt a bit skeptical about it.. It has been over a few months since a new staff member had been hired so she still wasn't really used to the new people coming each time.

She shouldn't overthink it, really. But she couldn't help but wonder and question things...

What would the new professor look like?
What if they dislike me?!
Would i genuinely favor them?
What if they're strict?!

The poor student couldn't refrain herself from thinking about these questions as she tried to collect herself just so she wouldn't be noticed due to a silly mistake of hers making an accidental sound.