ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 2

Enjoy!

This fanfic may contain harsh/curse words that may not be suitable for minors, have fun reading!

--. .. ...- . / -- . / .... --- .--. .
~~~[March 07, XXXX]~~~

"Hey! Did you hear what I just said?!" A girl from the academy murmured to her colleague as she readied for their next class.

"Did you just hear what? Lina, be more precise!" She responded, her glasses dangling on her hair, as she chose to take a short break and converse to her sole colleague.

"Excuse me, but I'm referring about the marquess Curran dilemma...!" She yelled at her pal.

Madeline, Lina's friend, had just been contemplating the information for a while and had finally figured it out.

"oh! Are you referring to what occurred the day before yesterday...?!" Lina nodded as Madeline spoke in hushed whispers.

"That's correct!"

"...What about it?" Lina was taken aback when Madeline groaned.

"What do you mean, what about it?! Soon enough, this will be a hot topic...!" Lina continued before being disrupted by her colleague.

"I know that Lina, but it's not our responsibility to meddle" Madeline replied, "and it's not like we have any power to dominate the emperor for what he did to the marquess Curran."

Lina thought she had a point as she continued, "Besides, Maisie might need this to realize her wrongdoings since she was the reason it happened. Maisie had been overconfident in herself, unaware to the repercussions, which had led to their current predicament."

They didn't have all the details, but the information leaked indicated that Maisie was to accountable for her father's situation. "She might have been too embarrassed to join the academy right now" Madeline added, "but it's preferable not to intervine."

"And we have to stay neutral if we don't want to be influenced by it" she murmured quietly, and Lina understood her colleague and had merely nodded.

Maisie was well-liked in the academy, but her condition had worsened; her friends attempted to contact her, but she didn't respond to any of their letters, causing the whole marquess Curran issue to become more of a talking point.

Lina began, "But the question is..."

"why did this happen?" She questioned, but no one had the answer.

While all of these conflicts wreak havoc around the academy, two people rest nicely in the academy's massive tree, eating their food without even being bothered in the slightest.

"...tell me" the other person began to pique his friend's interest. "Are you the one who caused this about, Ana?" he murmured, his raven hair blowing around due to the wind's severity.

"How come you're blaming me?" She reasoned as lectures reopened and she was required to return to the academy.
"

You know, your father wouldn't do anything unless it was about you." He countered with logic. "..."

"See?" He smirked and munched his food as he said, "You're passive, which indicates you're the reason for it."

"Fine, I'm the one who brought up the subject, but do you have any opposition?" He shrugged when she asked.