A day in the life of: Isaac

He was out of the bed as soon as the first beep of his alarm went off. Already fully clothed he sprinted out the door and down the hall and a speed no creature could truly match. As he ran he heard the damage already starting to build up, "6th floor west wall, ballroom floor sector 7, ALL LOBBY WINDOWS SMASHED??" He'd find out who was doing it one day and give them a stern wording to.

As he neared the crack in the wall he saw a familiar face, it was Ben the new employee! He flashed a quick smile as he hurtled past and slammed into the wall at breakneck speed, the crack sealed in an instant. He heard Ben try to say something as he flew off to the next area of damage but was gone before the first word was out of his mouth.

As the day went on Isaac would see most of his colleagues in some way or another. Jim would shuffle out of his room every so often, Waffs was directing the hotel as to accommodate the guests, Aspen trying to say hi every time they passed each other, Chumpers off his head intentionally creating more work for him and Mx void giving a friendly wave as he soared through reception.

Around 4 hours in a booming voice filled his mind, "My suite needs attending to Isaac. Immediately." A chill ran down his spine, he'd been in Mr void room once before and it had left him with a strange hollow feeling for a few days. As he scaled the stairs he felt the temperature grow colder, the air thinner and his surroundings darkened. He reached the great oak doors but as he reached out his hand to open them they swung open automatically.

"Pretty nifty huh? The humans just invented them, the sensors not the doors, although I was there for that too of course."

The voice although calm and smooth almost knocked him over with the sheer force of the words.

"Y-you requested my assistance?" He could barely be the words out in front of this ancient being.

"Oh yeah I had Mx void in here earlier and we cause a bit of damage was just wondering if you could fix it"

It took all of Isaac strength not to burst out laughing the only thing stopping him bing the knowledge that if he did he would surely be killed or worse.

"Of course sir right away" and he did. He bounced around the room like a pinball there truly was an insane amount of damage but he didn't question it, he didn't dare.

Once he'd finished he left the room but just as he was about to cross the threshold back to the hotel Mr Void addressed him again

"How about we don't tell the others about what you saw in here, alright?"

"Of course sir I'll take it to my grave"

"Good lad, oh and you can take the rest of the day off"

"Thank you sir"

As the doors closed behind him he collapsed to the floor and slowly crawled all the way back to his room. He was exhausted.