Chapter 3.

~~ Kyla's Point Of View.~~

"I don't think she likes me." Jason says as he comes to stand closer beside me. 

I look over at him and I manage to send him a small smile. "She is just quiet, that's all. Get a few more drinks into her and she will become the life of the party." 

He turns to look at me and his grin seems to light up his whole face. I look away from him and over at the house, where the twins just entered little while ago. I can't get my mind of Tom, the way he was frowning at me, the look on his face, the cute little grin that he did. I shake my head slightly and run my hand through my long, blonde wavy hair. I'm just being stupid, I have to stop thinking about him. I finish off the rest of my drink and when I look back up, I find Jason starring at me with amusement plastered all over his face.

"I hope you won't be the one driving tonight." he comments, his mouth curving into a half smirk, which makes my heart skip a beat. 

I bite down on the inside of my lip and toss my empty cup into a near by bin, not litering like the majority of people here tonight.

"No, I'm not driving tonight, Kass and I will probably end up crashing here the night." I reply, trying to calm my racing heart as Jason inches closer to me, almost closing the gap between us. 

"Good, because I definitely wouldn't want you out there driving in the state you're in." Jason says through more of a serious tone, his eyes losing their usual spark. 

"Excuse me? I think I'm perfectly fine to drive! I am in a great state, thank you very much!" I declare, crossing my arms over my chest and frowning at him in a mocking way. 

The spark comes flying back into Jason's eyes and he chuckles at me, shaking his head. "Whatever you think Kyla, but no matter what you say, I'm not going to let you drive away from here tonight." 

I roll my eyes at his words and smirk at him casually. "Why do you even care anyway? We only just met, plus, I can't drive anyway, I'm only on my learners." 

"Well good then, just make sure you sleep here the night, please." he urges, ignoring my question completely.

I nod and smile at him, unable to say anything else because of the look in his eye, the sweet, almost pleading look. Jason grins wildly and takes a few steps back away from me. Just as he is about to say something, another guy walks over and slaps Jason hard on the back. He smirks over at me and then looks at Jason.

"Sorry to disturb you kiddo, but your brother has specificly asked me to, well demanded, that I ask you to come hang out with us." he says with a small frown, as he eyes drift over to me.

Jason looks over at me apologetically and I smile warmly back at him. Jason turns away from me and glances up at the guy towering over him. 

"Uh, well, I don't-

"You can go if you want." I interrupt, through a genuine smile. 

Jason looks back over at me with a cocked eye brow and a grin spreads over his face. "Trying to get rid of me are you?" 

A slight flush creeps up into my cheeks and I shake my head instantly. I actually kind of like Jason, and enjoy his company, but I don't want to keep him from hanging out with his friends.

"No, of course not! It's just that I don't want to keep you from having fun, plus, I better go try and find Kassidy." I say hastily.

Jason nods and his eyes drift over towards the pool. A hard look settles over his face and his usual laid back stance goes the complete opposite. I follow his gaze and my eyes fall on Tom. My insides turn to mush and my heart feels rapid in my chest. I don't know what it is about him, he has this charm that captivates me and I can't seem to shake him from my thoughts. His grin is tattooed into my mind and every feature of his face is burned into my memory. The frown that I received from him is also etched into my mind and just the thought of it makes me curious to what it was due to. I look away from him at the thought of his frown and find myself looking back at Jason, who is already looking at me.