Comatose

*Zach pov*

Drowning. Drowning in darkness, where you can't see anything, can't hear anything. Can't feel anything. Even so I could feel I was slipping. Giving into the darkness threatening to engulf me and never give me back.

But I had done this to myself. I had attempted and by the feel of it, I was going to succeed, I was going to die. Sure it was questionable whether I was willing to leave everything behind, my family, my friends, my supporters, my entire career which I worked a entire life to accomplish, however the pain became to much.

Hah. What am I even saying "pain" I felt nothing the last minutes before I did it. I felt numb to everything. Hell I didn't even feel the blade cut through my skin. I was simply lost in a succumb of endless darkness with no way out.

But is this really the answer, sure I wouldn't have to suffer anymore but as people would always tell me, would I'd actually just pass this pain onto someone else? Is killing yourself really a sin? Would I end up in hell then? Hmm, if there even is a heaven, god even why didn't he help me? Why didn't he end this pain?

No. At that moment I stopped doubting. And simply just started giving in. I would simply let the darkness take me away to wherever it would take Me, heaven, hell, hah another earth. I was done, but then.

"He's been in a coma for weeks now, let's hope he wakes up. His family has gone through so much already."

At that moment. No matter how much I wanted to simply give in. I knew I would be killing them too. My mom, my dad, my sister, my brother. I couldn't do that to them. So I forced myself to fight. To fight the darkness and return to the light.
———————————————————————-
"Dr. Williams! He's waking up!" A voice whispered. Or at least I think they were whispering.

I then forced myself to open my eyes.

Fuck. The light burned.

When my vision cleared after a few minutes. I saw a several nurses and two doctors watching me with concern.

"How do you feel Zach?" One doctor spoke

How do I feel? How did I feel? I felt nothing.

I then looked around me and noticed a bunch of machines in the room. By the looks of it they had done a bunch of AKG's on me. Then my eyes caught my arm, it was bandaged and had an IV hooked to it.

"Zach" the doctor spoke again

"How do you feel?"

It took a while for me to find my voice

"I..I feel okay? I guess....I mean I don't really feel anything".

The doctor gave one firm but slow nod and turned to one of the nurses.

"Get the medication I prescribed him"

"Yes Dr"

And with that she was out.

Then the doctor sat on the edge of my bed
"Zach, your family's been worried about you, they're going to be glad that your awake"

I nodded. "Yeah i..I know.."

Then the nurse came back

"Here, take this. It'll help you recover faster, then we'll leave you alone you need to sleep. I'll inform your family that your awake now."

They all left.

However, I did not sleep. There now alone in the room. I felt more numb than ever. So I didn't succeed in offing myself. But I didn't have any will to live.

I was stuck living in a body with what felt like no soul. 
————————————————————————
A/N: hey author here. I'm sorry I haven't updated this story in a while. But hey, our boy is okay! I couldn't kill him off. I just couldn't. But things will get better from here.