Chapter 8: Fireball Beach

"You talked him into it. Way to go, Mr. McQueen!" Saquila Zoomer said.
Then Lightning McQueen sighed.
"Saquila." Lightning McQueen said.
"You can talk a snowmobile into an air conditioner." Saquila Zoomer said.
"You're going with me? With that thing?" Lightning McQueen said.
"Yeah. You still need my help. You're brittle like a fossil." Saquila Zoomer said.
Then Saquila Zoomer puts the thing down and the thing opens.
"I don't need a trainer out here, Saquila." Lightning McQueen said.
"You're old. What if you fall on the beach and can't get up?" Saquila Zoomer asked.
"Well, life's a beach and then you drive." Lightning McQueen said.
Then Luigi and Guido laughed.
"Good one, Lightning." Luigi said.
"Thank you." Lightning McQueen said.
"Wow. This is beautiful. I can see why Mr. Sterling said that you wanted to train out out here. As soon as this gets booted up, we'll get you on the treadmill and I'll track your speed." Saquila Zoomer said.
"What?! No! The whole thing is getting my tires dirty! Real racing! I'm not driving on that thing when I got the sand and the whole earth!" Lightning McQueen said.
"Oh. Okay." Saquila Zoomer said.
Then Saquila Zoomer pressed a button and the treadmill closes up.
"Luigi, let's do this!" Lightning McQueen said.
Then Lightning McQueen went up to Luigi.
"Spyro, can you track my speed? Or how about Whirlwind, Ronald or Cynder?" Lightning McQueen asked.
"Sorry, but I can't. Remember the deal you made with Sterling? But I can race with you." Spyro Magicton said.
"As can I." Whirlwind Airbell said.
"Us too." Ronald IceUnicornDragon and Cynder NightDragon said.
Then Spyro Magicton drove up and then stopped next to Lightning McQueen.
Then Whirlwind Airbell drove up and then stopped next to Lightning McQueen.
Then Ronald IceUnicornDragon drove up and then stopped next to Spyro Magicton.
Then Cynder NightDragon drove up and then stopped next to Whirlwind Airbell.
"Welcome racers to Fireball Beach! Historic home for today's test of speed! Our finish line will be the abandoned pier in the distance!" Luigi said.
"All right. Quicker than quick, faster than fast, I am speed—" Lightning McQueen said.
"That is great self-motivation! Did you come up with that?!" Saquila Zoomer asked.
"Yeah, I did." Lightning McQueen answered.
"On your mark. Get set. Go!" Luigi said.
Then Lightning McQueen, Spyro Magicton, Whirlwind Airbell, Ronald IceUnicornDragon, and Cynder started racing and ended with Lightning McQueen winning.
"There we go! Felt good!" Lightning McQueen said.
Then Lightning McQueen, Spyro Magicton, Whirlwind Airbell, Ronald IceUnicornDragon, and Cynder NightDragon drove back to Saquila Zoomer.
"Hey, what was my speed?" Lightning McQueen asked.
"I don't know. I can only track you on the treadmill." Saquila Zoomer said.
"No treadmills." Lightning McQueen said.
Then Saquila Zoomer thought for two seconds.
"What about Hamilton?" Saquila Zoomer asked.
"Hamilton here!" Hamilton said.
"Who's Hamilton?" Lightning McQueen said.
"My electronic personal assistant. You know, kind of like your phone." Saquila Zoomer said.
"You do have a phone, don't you?" Saquila Zoomer asked.
"Racers don't have phones, Saquila. But I do have my own electronic personal assistant named Jamilton." Lightning McQueen said.
"Before you ask, you can't use Jamilton either." Spyro Magicton said.
"Okay." Lightning McQueen said.
"Hamilton, track McQueen's speed and record it." Saquila Zoomer said.
"Tracking." Hamilton said.
"I'll stay as close as I can. Your suit will transmit your speeds to Hamilton." Saquila Zoomer said.
"Fine. Whatever. Let's do this." Lightning McQueen said.
Then Lightning McQueen went up to Luigi, on the right.
Then Saquila Zoomer went up to Luigi, on the left.
Then Spyro Magicton drove up and then stopped next to Lightning McQueen.
Then Whirlwind Airbell drove up and then stopped next to Saquila Zoomer.
Then Ronald IceUnicornDragon drove up and then stopped next to Spyro Magicton.
Then Cynder NightDragon drove up and then stopped next to Whirlwind Airbell.
"All right. Quicker than quick, faster than fast, I am speed. Come on, Luigi." Lightning McQueen said.
"On your mark. Get set. Go!" Luigi said.
Then Lightning McQueen, Spyro Magicton, Whirlwind Airbell, Ronald IceUnicornDragon, and Cynder NightDragon started racing.
"46 miles per hour. 63 miles per hour. Out of range. Out of range." Hamilton said.
Then Lightning McQueen, Spyro Magicton, Whirlwind Airbell, Ronald IceUnicornDragon, and Cynder NightDragon stopped racing when they realized that Saquila Zoomer wasn't racing.
"That's odd. I didn't go!" Saquila Zoomer said.
Then Saquila Zoomer spun her tires and then stopped.
Then Lightning McQueen, Spyro Magicton, Whirlwind Airbell, Ronald IceUnicornDragon, and Cynder NightDragon went back to Saquila Zoomer and faced the pier.
"Tell her, "On sand, you got to ease into your start, so your tires can grab," and maybe it will help her." Spyro Magicton said to Lightning McQueen.
"Okay." Lighting McQueen said.
"On sand, you got to ease into your start, so your tires can grab, okay?" Lightning McQueen said.
"Okay." Saquila Zoomer said.
"You do work with racecars, don't you?" Lightning McQueen asked.
"Yeah, but never outside." Saquila Zoomer answered.
"All right. Let's go again." Lightning McQueen said.
"Go!" Luigi said.
Then Lightning McQueen, Spyro Magicton, Whirlwind Airbell, Ronald IceUnicornDragon, Cynder NightDragon, and Saquila Zoomer started racing.
"There you go." Lightning McQueen said.
"63 miles per hour. 75 miles per hour. Out of range. Out of range." Hamilton said.
Then Lightning McQueen, Spyro Magicton, Whirlwind Airbell, Ronald IceUnicornDragon, and Cynder NightDragon stopped racing by turning around and saw Saquila Zoomer in the sand.
"Sorry! Got stuck!" Saquila Zoomer said.
"Go again." Lightning McQueen said.
Then Lightning McQueen, Spyro Magicton, Whirlwind Airbell, Ronald IceUnicornDragon, Cynder NightDragon, and Saquila Zoomer went back to Luigi and faced the pier.
"Go!" Luigi said.
Then Lightning McQueen, Spyro Magicton, Whirlwind Airbell, Ronald IceUnicornDragon, Cynder NightDragon, and Saquila Zoomer started racing.
Then Saquila Zoomer got stuck in the sea.
"Sorry!" Saquila Zoomer said.
Then Lightning McQueen, Spyro Magicton, Whirlwind Airbell, Ronald IceUnicornDragon, Cynder NightDragon, and Saquila Zoomer went back to Luigi and faced the pier.
"Go!" Luigi said.
Then Lightning McQueen, Spyro Magicton, Whirlwind Airbell, Ronald IceUnicornDragon, Cynder NightDragon, and Saquila Zoomer started racing.
Then Saquila Zoomer spins out the beach toward the hill and stops.
Then Lightning McQueen, Spyro Magicton, Whirlwind Airbell, Ronald IceUnicornDragon, Cynder NightDragon, and Saquila Zoomer went back to Luigi and faced the pier.
"Go!" Luigi said.
Then Lightning McQueen, Spyro Magicton, Whirlwind Airbell, Ronald IceUnicornDragon, and Cynder NightDragon, and Saquila Zoomer started racing.
Then Saquila Zoomer sinks in the beach.
"The beach ate me." Saquila Zoomer said.
Then Lightning McQueen, Spyro Magicton, Whirlwind Airbell, Ronald IceUnicornDragon, Cynder NightDragon, and Saquila Zoomer went back to Luigi and faced the pier.
Then Luigi fixes the beach.
"Tell her, "Pick a line on the compacted sand. You got to have traction so you don't spin out," and this will help her." Spyro Magicton said to Lightning McQueen.
"Okay." Lightning McQueen said.
"All right, Saquila. Pick a line on the compacted sand. You got to have traction so you don't spin out. Let's do this thing." Lightning McQueen said.
"On your mark. Get set. Go." Luigi said.
Then Lightning McQueen, Spyro Magicton, Whirlwind Airbell, Ronald IceUnicornDragon, Cynder NightDragon, and Saquila Zoomer started racing.
"122 miles per hour. 134 miles per hour. Out of range. Out of range." Hamilton said.
Then Lightning McQueen, Spyro Magicton, Whirlwind Airbell, Ronald IceUnicornDragon, and Cynder NightDragon stopped racing and turned around.
"Now, what?!" Lightning McQueen asked.
"I didn't want to hit a crab!" Saquila Zoomer answered.
"You have got to be kidding me!" Lightning McQueen said.
"What?! It was cute!" Saquila Zoomer said.
Lightning McQueen groaned while Spyro Magicton, Whirlwind Airbell, Ronald IceUnicornDragon, and Cynder NightDragon sighed.
Then Lightning McQueen, Spyro Magicton, Whirlwind Airbell, Ronald IceUnicornDragon, Cynder NightDragon, and Saquila Zoomer went back to Luigi and faced the pier.
"Tell her, "You're going to take off slow to let your tires grabs. And pick a straight line on hard sand so you don't spin out. And all of the crabbies have gone night-night," and this should help her." Spyro Magicton said to Lightning McQueen.
"Okay." Lightning McQueen said.
"All right, One last chance to try this before it gets dark." Lightning McQueen said.
"Now, you're going to take off slow to let your tires grab." Lightning McQueen said.
"Yes!" Saquila Zoomer said.
"And pick a straight line on hard sand so you don't spin out." Lightning McQueen said.
"Uh huh!" Saquila Zoomer said.
"And all of the crabbies have gone night-night." Lightning McQueen said.
"Mr. McQueen." Saquila Zoomer said.
"All right. Let's go again." Lightning McQueen said.
"And go." Luigi said.
Then Lightning McQueen, Spyro Magicton, Whirlwind Airbell, Ronald IceUnicornDragon, Cynder NightDragon, and Saquila Zoomer started racing.
"150 miles per hour. 175 miles per hour. 196 miles per hour." Hamilton said.
Then Lightning McQueen, Spyro Magicton, Whirlwind Airbell, Ronald IceUnicornDragon, Cynder NightDragon, and Saquila Zoomer passed the pier.
"All right. You made it. Congratulations. How did I did I do?" Lightning McQueen asked.
"You top out at 198." Saquila Zoomer answered.
"198? That's it?" Lightning McQueen said.
"Still slower than Ramirez." Saquila Zoomer said.
Then Saquila Zoomer went to the treadmill and hook it up to her.
Then Lightning McQueen, Spyro Magicton, Whirliwind Airbell, Ronald IceUnicornDragon, Cynder NightDragon, and Saquila Zoomer left Fireball Beach and on the parking lot.
"Wasted my whole day." Lightning McQueen said.
"I wouldn't say that. It did feel great to be out here doing real racing." Saquila Zoomer said.
Then Lightning McQueen turned around.
"This isn't racing. We're on a beach! All you do is go straight. How am I gonna get faster if I don't—" Lightning McQueen said.
Then Lightning McQueen looked at sign that said the way to Thunder Hollow.
"Thunder Hollow. Thunder Hollow. That's what I need! To race against actual racers." Lightning McQueen said.
Then Lightning McQueen goes in front of his trailer.
"No! Too public! If the press find you, they will be like many, many bugs on you!" Luigi said.
"Paparazzi." Guido said and then spits.
"Guys. I really need this." Lightning McQueen said as he backs up into his trailer.
"Ah, just leave it to me, boss. I am a master of disguise." Mack said.
Then Lightning McQueen went further inside the trailer.
Then Luigi and Guido went inside the trailer.
Then Lightning McQueen's trailer door closed.
Then Saquila Zoomer brought the treadmill back to the Rusteze Racing Center.
Then Saquila Zoomer went back to Lightning McQueen.
Then Mack disguised himself as Jocko Flocko's Party Supplies truck.
Then Mack, Spyro Magicton, Whirlwind Airbell, Ronald IceUnicornDragon, Cynder NightDragon, and Saquila Zoomer drove all the way to Thunder Hollow.
What's going to happen at Thunder Hollow? Will Lightning McQueen get faster? We'll just have to find out!