Chapter- 10

Sun was rising slowly, casting a beautiful glow in the sky. Dua was mesmerised watching the scene before her. She had that habit of watching sunrise after morning prayer, because it gave her some peace and sense of calmness.

"Subhanallah" she muttered in the praise of Allah. What a beauty he has created. Surely he is in the power, he can create anything, which we couldn't even think of.

Dua's POV-

I was watching sunrise calmly and was thinking about my decision which I'm going to announce or more like say it to ammi because I can't face the teasing faces of my cousins.

Yes, alhamdullilah it came as positive sign in my istikhaara prayer. I was shocked with the dream I had, just like I was in some sort of heavenly place, and a man is waiting at the other side for me, but when I went there, there was nobody. Just as I was going to turn a voice rang in my ear, and it was of him. But before I can see his face, I woke up because of azaan.

Masha allah what a dream it was.

I went down to help ammi and mamijaan in preparing breakfast and to tell them about my decision.

"Assalamualaikum ammi, mamijaans" I chirpily greeted them.

"Walaikumassalam, kya baat hai beta! Aaj to aap badi khush nazar aa rahi hai masha allah." Badi mumani teased me, but how can I help. I was just happy from inside like I did something good.

(What happened veta. You are too happy, masha allah)

"Ha mamijaan, aaj pata nahi kya hua, but khush hu mai" I replied back to her teasing. They all were looking at me with smile on their face and eyes shining, and I knew they were praying for my happiness.

(Yes aunty, I don't know why but I'm happy)

Ammi took me in a corner and asked me about my decision.

"Ammi...wo..wo maina....meri HAA hai" I blushed hard, because its not everyday you talk with your mom like that.

(Ammi..that...that..its..a YES from me)

"KYA...masha allah mera baccha...bohot bohot Mubarak ho..."ammi just shouted and announced the news to whole kitchen.

(WHAT...masha allah very very congratulation my child)

"Mubarak ho bacche, bohot bohot Mubarak ho" badi mumani came and hugged me, patted my head and went back to congratulate each other.

(Congratulation my child, very very congratulation)

"Bhai kis baat ki congratulation, ha hume bhi to batao" Maheen appi entered while eyeing us suspiciously.

(What happened that you are congratulating each other, tell us)

"Wo kuch nahi beta, sabko nashte per pata chalega" Choti mumani kept the suspense by answering her, and she whined loudly causing us to burst out laughing at her impatience.

(Nothing, everyone will come to know at breakfast)

"Sabar karo appi, pata chal jayega. Waise bhi shadi ke din duur nahi hai apke, to aise behave karna chor do, warna mamijaan marengi aapko" I teased her but what I didn't knew was that it will bite me back.

(Have patience appi, you will come to know. And you marriage is in the coming days, so stop behaving like this or else aunty will beqt you)

"Ha ha chalo, ab bus karo. Nashta bhi bana hai, or phir kuch meetha bhi. Aaj to bohot accha din hai, or phir tareekh bhi pakki karni hai".ammi ushered us to work fast.