Introduction and Author's Note

Yellow.

Because I need another project *cough* *sarcasm* *cough*, I decided to enter the ONC this year.

Really, I just need something lighthearted and fun to work on. If you've been reading my current WIP, you might understand why XD.

To that end, I found the following prompts:

(History) 54. What good can come from being tangled with a Duke, especially when you're a commoner without a noble status.

(Romance) 74. After a bad breakup, you decide to fulfil your bucket list that you had planned with your ex partner alone. On halfway through fulfilling your bucket list, you meet a person who is going through the exact same situation, and you decide to help this person.

And I said to myself, "Self, those look like they would make a really fun Regency Romance!"

Because the world needs another Regency Romance. *cough* *sarcasm* *cough*

E voila! A lighthearted period romantic comedy.

*scratches head* *eyes Self askance* *whispers* "You're seriously not going to blow anything up or make a character suffer..." *checks temperature* "Who even ARE you...?"

Nope! No suffering. Well, maybe a little. But only so there's plot.

Which is all beside the point because my submission form didn't work and I never actually managed to ENTER the ONC.

HAH!

ARGHrhGHRAGHraghlegharg!
*calms self**clears throat*

Never fear, I will still be working on this. I try not to start things I don't intend to finish. It may take me a bit longer than anticipated, though, because of unforeseen circumstances involving a sudden need for a full-time job. If it's not one thing, it's another. But the harder the win, the higher the prize, and this will still be a fun project that takes me out of my comfort zone, which was the whole reason to enter the ONC in the first place.

Thanks for reading!

Sincerely,

Anna