Chapter 6 Old Friend New Enemy

I woke up sweating and I looked around quickly. I walked into the living room and sat on the couch. “Hey Rhys, you ok, you’re sweating a lot”, Lia said while walking by. “Yeah I’m fine”, I said. I saw her wing, and that was weird it already healed overnight. I remember that I studied her wings and it should take up to three days to fully heal. I decided to ignore it, but there was one thing I wanted to do. I went to Kaori’s room and knocked on the door. The door opened and Kaori stood there with a big hoodie on covering most of her body. “Hey Rhys, what’s up?”, Kaori said with a confused look on her face. “Hey Kaori, I wanted to ask, if you wanted to go to the UA festival dance with me?”, I asked. “O-oh, I’m sorry, but I was already asked to go by someone from the other class, I’m really sorry”, she said while looking down. “Oh that’s fine, I wasn’t really planning on going anyway”, I said with a smile on my face. I only smiled to not make her upset, but on the inside I was crying. I walked to my room and shut the door. I grabbed my weights and started lifting. “Yeah, I guess I won’t go tonight”, I said while lifting. Lia walked passed my door and heard me say that. “Perfect, one last problem I have to deal with”, Lia said while she walked away. I took a shower and put shorts and a t-shirt on. It was five o’clock and it started snowing. “Well it looks like the dance is about to start”, I said. Everyone was at the dance and I was in my room. I looked out the window to see Lia in the snow on the phone with someone. A man walked towards her and gave her a tiny box and he walked away. I snuck downstairs as I saw her walk away and I followed. She went into the gym and walked inside. I watched from a window and saw her go on one of the pillars. “Now who will be my first target?”, Lia said while looking at everyone. I walked inside and looked around for her. “You’ve got to be kidding me, he’s here, I thought that plan would work where Kaori rejects him”, Lia said under her breath. I used the grappling hook I got from the mechanic’s section and grappled to the ceiling. I heard a gunshot and saw Diana laying on the ground. I Jumped to her and saw a dart in her arm. It was draining blood and I took it out. Lia ran outside and I chased her and froze the ground in front of me causing Lia’s feet to freeze. “God damnit”, Lia yelled and started to melt the ice. I tackled her to the ground. “What the hell Lia, I thought you were a hero not a villain who attacks their own friends”, I said. “It’s none of your business”, she yelled and punched me off. I stood up and dug my foot in the ground ready to run and jump. She flew in the air and I jumped and grabbed her leg causing her to crash in a building. She started punching at me and I blocked them. “Lia stop it, this isn’t you, what has gotten into you”, I yelled while blocking. “It’s so much better being a villain than a hero, Rhys you don’t understand, my life was so much more boring, but now it’s fun”, she said while charging a fire ball. I kicked her off and stood near the edge. She threw the fire ball at me and I fell off the building. “Goodbye Rhys, nice knowing you”, Lia said while backing away. “Full power fifty percent”, I yelled and grappled to the top of the building and slammed onto the roof. Lia turned around and looked at me. “You can’t stop me that easily”, I said while powering a flick. She charged at me and in a split second, I flicked my fingers and she was sent flying back frozen in the process. I walked near her and unfroze the upper half of her body. “I-I’m sorry Rhys, I didn’t mean too, I don’t know what I was thinking”, she said while crying a little. I hugged her tightly. “I forgive you, but don’t ever do that again”, I said while unfreezing the rest of her.