| Chapter 2: Before the Night Begins |

It was a brand-new day as the Church bells rang throughout the village. Clara enters the church wearing a dark blue dress that had long button sleeves, her snow-white quills were in a tight bun, and she was wearing a pair of specs that shimmered in the light.

 Clara enters the church wearing a dark blue dress that had long button sleeves, her snow-white quills were in a tight bun, and she was wearing a pair of specs that shimmered in the light

Children from the village are seated and waiting for their teacher to start the day's lesson. She stood in front of them.

"Good morning, class!" Clara greeted the children.

"Good morning, Ms. Clara!" they greeted back in unison.

Clara soon began her lessons with the children, the world felt at peace.

"Children, who can tell me what ended the Egg Imperial Wars?" Clara asked as she wrote on the black board.

However, the children didn't answer the question, they were instead whispering among themselves. Clara noticed her students lack attention, putting the chalk down she walks over to the first row of students. Before stomping the bottom of her boot heel on the wooden floor creating a loud sound, making the students straighten themselves and look at Clara.

"Class is there something more interesting than listening to my lessons?" Clara asked in a stern tone with her hands resting on her hips.

"Sorry, Miss Clara it's just a rumor going around." Charmy Bee answers with a guilt-ridden look written across his face.

"Oh? And this rumor is more important than learning about the world? I guess I'm not your favorite teacher after all." Clara said with a sigh before wiping away a fake tear. "I guess I'm not needed here anymore."

Once Clara said that last line the children started to cry out in fear.

"NO!"

"Please don't go! We're sorry! We promise to listen more!"

"PLEASE DON'T GO, MS. CLARA!"

Clara giggled on the inside seeing how much her students love her. Honestly, she would never leave these children under any circumstances.

"Alright, I won't leave." Clara announced as the children cheered in joy. "However, I would like to hear what this rumor is about."

The children began to raise their little arms, all eager to share information of the rumor.

"Kneecaps." Clara called out to the rowdy Echidna child.

"It's been going 'round other villages near here, but I heard from my brother, girls have been disappearing at the dead of night." Kneecaps said in a spooky voice, scaring some of the kids next to him.