Prologue

"Augustine?"

I woke up from my sleep as I heard the barista shouting. The barista called the girl's name a few times, and it woke me up.

"Who the f--- is Augustine? Get your coffee. I am trying to have a peaceful sleep here."

I am pissed. This girl must be deaf or something.

"I am Augustine. By the way, this is a coffee shop, not a hotel."

I heard a soft, subtle voice. I glanced at this person called "Augustine."

I took a deep breath as I saw her beautiful face. She has long curly hair, fair skin, thick lips, and an eye that I would love to stare at me forever.

Oh crap! I just messed up a chance with a beautiful girl.

"Alexandra, stop being too rude to the customers!"

My Mom said as he went outside her small office.

Before I could apologize, Augustine had already left. Even her back is attractive. I was busy daydreaming when I suddenly realized that I was late for my first day as a senior high school.

I immediately grabbed my things and rode my motorcycle.

I took a deep breath as I drove along the streets. I realized that I should not put my hopes up on beautiful girls. Being a lesbian is hard. I like girls, but I am too feminine to have a feminine girlfriend.

As the traffic light turned red, I slowed down and patiently waited for the pedestrians to cross. I suddenly noticed that Augustine was crossing the street. I just realized that we have the same uniform. I want to apologize to her. But how?

An idea popped into my head. I hope this works out.

I gathered many fighting spirits by taking deep breaths, and I pulled over near Augustine.

"You are the rude girl earlier. What do you need?"

She said as she rolled her eyes.

I scratched the back of my head.

"I am sorry for earlier. I am just having a bad day, and sleeping makes me feel good."

"I did it on purpose."

"Why?"

"I noticed that you go to the same school as me and you are still sleeping. We have a 7am flag ceremony, and I am too shy to wake you up."

That's so thoughtful of her to a stranger. I looked at my watch, and I saw that we were only 5 minutes late before we were considered late.

"Uhm, Augustine, wait—can I call you Augustine?"

"Yes."

" We're going to be late. Ride on my motorcycle so you will not be late."