Chapter 1

I just stared at Augustine. She looks so pretty when she's serious. She obviously loves leading people. Everyone voted her to be the President. I am sure that she has already forgotten about me.

Mr. Vergara leads a prayer before leaving.

"Class is finally over. Let's go to the shop."

I told Belle who was fixing its stuff. As soon as they finished, they suddenly shouted.

"Café Val is owned by my cousin. You should all try their shop. They have delicious milk tea and some cold brew. My cousin makes the donuts, by the way."

I just smiled at how my cousin is so energetic. They deserve the best.

We arrived at Café Val, and I saw my Mom cheerfully entertaining the customers. She saw us and gave us a tight hug.

"Your barista is handsome."

Belle whispered to me.

"He's straight."

Belle frowned as I led them to the office.

As we sat down on the small sofa inside the office, Belle let out her bag full of makeup.

"Do you have friends, Belle?"

"Yes, I have one, but she's from the other section."

"What's her name?"

I asked. I hope that we can get along.

"Her name is Cindy. She's bisexual."

"What is her type when it comes to girls?"

"Masculine."

I frowned, not because Belle's friend would be a future girlfriend. I frowned because I rarely find a feminine lesbian who likes feminine lesbians.

The office door was suddenly opened, and I saw Mom go inside. She is sweaty and definitely looks exhausted.

"Excuse me, Belle, there are a lot of customers, and I am having a hard time entertaining them all. Can you help me, Alex?"

"Sure, Mom."

I stood up. I wore my apron and my hairnet.

"I'll be right back, Belle."

I said as I went to the cashier.

Mom is in charge of the payment and orders while I give the orders to the customer. We also sell fresh pastry. We had a lot of stuff to sell and were understaffed during the rush hour.

"Alex, can you get me 3 glazed donuts from the back?"

Mom said, and I went ahead to get the donuts. I am not bragging, but this is my donut recipe. So, I am proud of it.

I put the donuts in a small paper bag. I went ahead of the customer. I was about to give it, but I saw that Augustine was the customer. I froze, and I felt my heart beating faster. She's so beautiful, I can't help being mesmerized.

"Alex!"

Mom said to me, and I came back to my senses. I quickly gave the donuts to Augustine, and she smiled. It made my heart melt. I wore a facemask to hide that I was blushing. I secretly watched her while entertaining customers. She looked so happy as she ate the donuts. Maybe it's her favorite.

Rush hour is over, and there are no customers. I noticed that Belle also helped us.

"Do you like Augustine?"

Belle asked, and Mom heard them.

"Alex has a crush?"

Mom asked and came near us. Mark, our barista, chuckled.