𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
"Another Lifetime"
——

A year and a half has passed since the end of the war

A year and a half has passed since the end of the war. Jane and the rest of the group including Rick, Michonne, Maggie, Enid, Siddiq and more travel through downtown Washington DC on horses to get to search for farming equipment for all communities.  Rick and the group break into the Smithsonian to search for a covered wagon and farming equipment. "Sweep protocol when we get in" Michonne informs and Jane puts away her gun and pulls out her blade. The group walks further in the building and scare away some birds that they see and notice a lot of beautiful paintings on the walls.

"Yall have your lists. Circle back here when you're done. Be safe" Rick says and Jane clears her throat before she follows Maggie, Carol, Michonne, Ezekiel, Daryl, and Cydnie. As they walk over a fragile glass floor, they notice a group of walkers under it. Suddenly, a walker drops from a balcony onto it, cracking the pane, before Daryl puts it down.

Jane's group checked everywhere and took what they needed. Jane walked with Maggie, Carol, and Michonne and Jane filled them in on what Gregory had planned at Hilltop one day. "So, he called for an election?" Michonne asks and Jane nods her head. "Yep, it was a great idea I'll give him that but... he lost" Jane answers as she looks around making sure nothing will pop out at them. Jane let Maggie do the election by herself but the people of Hilltop still out Jane's name down when they voted making Maggie and Jane both the rightful leaders of Hilltop.

"He's he still sore about the results?" Carol wonders and Maggie shrugs her shoulders. "He being friendly. It's weird, honestly" Maggie says and Jane nods in agreement as she carrie's her blade in her hand. "The rebirth of democracy... by that guy" Michonne points out and Jane chuckles softly. "Meanwhile, I live with a king" Carol informs which makes Jane and Michonne burst out into laughter together. "A very good looking King" Jane remarks as she nudges Carol's arm playfully.

"Here we go. Our blacksmith can use these as a model to make more" Maggie points out as they come across a sculpture of a wagon that could help with crops. "We can send one to the Sanctuary and try to fix things there" Maggie says and Jane sighs not wanting to help the Sanctuary but at the same time wants to give them a chance so she looks to Maggie and nods her head, agreeing with her decision. "I'm glad you two won the election" Michonne says as she walks back over to the group.

"Hm, I'm glad I grew up on a farm" Maggie says and Jane sighs as she walks towards the sculpture. "I'm not so glad I didn't become a personal trainer because who the hell is gonna carry this?" Jane questions as she rests her hands on her hips.

Shortly after, the whole group reunites and gingerly uses ropes to drag an old covered wagon down the stairs and over the glass floor. "Just hold!" Rick shouts and Jane grunts in as she holds her part of the rope while standing on the steps. "That's what we've been doing" Jane remarks as she lets out a sigh while gripping her part of the rope tightly. Jane makes it onto the glass floor and gently walks over to try and help push it. And quickly Jane walks over to help Ezekiel and Carol carry a part of the wagon that was on the steps.