Dazzling World - Part 2

After the battle at Castle Leona, Mary was assigned to help the kind elf Pendrick who healed the injured soldier. She can see the soldiers relieved face after getting healed while she doing miscellaneous tasks and found it to be really enjoyable just like Raon said. Maybe that's why Young Master Cale likes to help people.

A day before they're back to the Roan Kingdom, Cale ask Mary and Choi Han if they want to participate in the celebration there.

"A Celebration?"

"They said it's for celebrating our victory, a banquet of a sort"

"Well, we already win three consecutive battles so having this sort of celebration is not weird, it good for our soldier morale too.. also the nobles and important individuals won't miss this chance to show their existence and get close to us"

Tasha nod her head while Cale shrugged his shoulder with a stoic face, seems not interested

"It's annoying... It'll be good if one of us attends but do as you like"

Tasha sighed as she look at the red-haired commander that have zero intention to attend, no wonder her nephew have a hard time handling him. She gave up to try to convince their commander then smile at Choi Han and Mary

"The Dark Elves, Mages and Knight are attending since this celebration is for them but if both of you find it too much, you can also be excused to not participate"

Mary look up to Choi Han who seems to think of something then she saw the dangerous glint in Choi Han's eyes that is usually reserved for battle.

"I want to join the celebration"

"I want to join too"

Mary blurt out when Choi Han said he want to go while clenching the sleeve of her robe. She couldn't help to have sensed of comrade with the swordmaster who fight alongside her and thinking that the celebration was one of the battles as well. She didn't understand fully but somehow got the feeling that attending this celebration will also help Cale. Tasha smirk knowingly while Cale nods with their decision, ignoring the slight chill in his back.

When they are back in the Roan Kingdom, Mary remembers Cale's word before they parted that she and Choi Han should ignore the nobles if they talk to them. That time she only nods, thinking that stranger wouldn't want to talk to her and she is probably just in the carriage just like they did on a short parade before they goes to the Caro Kingdom but she's wrong.

In the early morning, Tasha dresses her in a brand new dress, a black robe with high-quality fabric and mask lining with gold. Choi Han, who come to the parlour with a shiny silver cloak with a red-lined shirt and red-black dotted pants were sent back to his room by shocked and bewildered Tasha, Mary thinks Choi Han's clothing choice is really interesting.

Mary was bewildered when Choi Han helped her climb the roofless carriage and even more overwhelmed when she heard many people cheering on her. Before this, she didn't mind since it's a closed carriage and she can close the curtain just like Cale do if she want but this time she has no choice to receive people attention and loudly cheer on her.

Mary thinks it was amazing that a necromancer that was supposed to be hated was accepted like this but she was more proud when many people also cheered on their absent Young Master Cale and Choi Han because both of them were the ones who suffered most.

The parade was routed by circling the capital of Huiss then followed by a small gathering in the afternoon and this is the first time Mary sees a wide room filled with sparkling things. From the elegant chandelier that decorates the ceiling, high-quality linen on the tables, an array of beautiful and delicious food also many people who glitter with their best garment.