The Road to Becoming a Sworn Brother - Part 1

Bright light from the teleportation magic circle lit up the dark bedroom, showing the figure of a young man with dark skin, brown hair and eyes. His hand tug off the cloak he wore while walking out from the magic circle then jump unceremoniously to the bed.

Alberu can't help to let out a relieved sigh when the softness of the mattress and pillow embrace his exhausted body, a small grace after two weeks of sleeping on the couch or table rather than the actual bed, surrounded by mountains of documents. His hand reached to the necklace at his neck to change his appearance into fair skin, blond hair and blue eyes.

"The things I do for him... "

Alberu covers his eyes with his arm while grumbling, he can see the figure of a certain red-haired young master who just woke up this morning and already moved to the Eastern Continent for saving a dragon in the back of his mind.

"That bastard sure is busy"

Another sigh comes out of his lips as he recalled the call that led him into this situation.

"Your Highness"

"It's been a while, Choi Han, has something happened?"

Alberu masked his surprise with his usual princely smile while staring at the raven-haired swordmaster. His interaction with Choi Han is few in far between so he can guess several scenarios that forced the swordmaster to call a crown prince of a kingdom.

"Your Highness, Cale-nim said to call you if something urgent coming up"

"Tell me"

Choi Han nodded and told him about the incident in the Mogoru in a brisk manner while the crown prince's eyes examine the swordmaster.

Black eyes and hair with a foreign face and name, Choi Han is Roan Kingdom's youngest swordmaster but aside from his relationship with Henituse county, there's almost no information about his background.

Alberu was intrigued by the raven-haired man but doesn't want to dig deeper, it's enough for him to know that the swordmaster is loyal to Cale Henituse and the Roan Kingdom while being amused by how different his demeanour is without Cale's presence.

"I see, how long has he been unconscious?"

"It's been 5 hours, Your Highness, now Sir Rex gathered the knight and rallied them to attack the palace while Saint Jack healed the wounded"

"How about the rest of the dark mages and the alchemists?"

"Dark elves already move to capture them with Tasha's lead and Mary's help"

Alberu nods, the dark elves warrior and the necromancer should be enough to handle the dead mana as well