4

Addie's POV

"Mom!" I call looking through scrapbook pictures.

"Yes" she says walking out of the kitchen with a towel over her shoulder and a baby in her arms.

"I need a picture of my parents and I as a baby" I say.

"W-what?"

"I need a picture"

"Yeah I heard you" she's says putting Brooklyn down and walking towards me.

"I'll have to look for them" she says pulling out scrapbooks. "I'll call you when I find them"

"You sure you don't want my help?"

"No it's fine, can you bathe Brooklyn for me?"

"Yeah" I say picking her up and placing a kiss on her cheek before taking her upstairs.

Lilly's POV

"Sam" I say over the phone, hands trembling.

"Yes my love"

"Addie needs a baby picture with her parents" I say pacing back and forth in the kitchen.

"Okay baby I'm almost home. It's gonna be okay. Okay?"

"Okay babe"

"I love you"

"I love you too" I sigh running my hand through my hair before hanging up and putting my phone down on the counter.

No more than 5 minutes later Sam walked in.

"Helllllooo" he says with a huge smile putting his keys down on the counter.

"Sam this is serious" I say slapping his stomach.

"Babe relax" he says grabbing my wrists and pulling my body up against his.

"We're gonna do this when the time is right and we're gonna do it together" he says interlocking our fingers. I smiled lightly and nodded. He smiled and pushed his lips against mine.

"I love you"

"I love you too" he says and kisses me repeatedly.

"What do I tell her now?"

"Do you want to tell her already?"

"No" I answered back quickly. My hands were sweaty at just the thought.

My biggest fear is that telling Addie would ruin our relationship. Over the past few years, we've gotten really close. She tells me everything and I don't want her to get scared of me or not trust me because she knows I'm not her mom. Or her real mom.
________

"Addie" I say sitting on the couch looking through scrapbooks.

"Did you find them?" shes asks anxiously running down the stairs.

"I found a couple, but your a little bit older. We had a leak in the house a couple years ago and most of the pictures got ruined. I'm sorry sweetie" I lie biting my bottom lip.

"That's fine, is it of both of you?"

"It's your dad" I say but it came out more of like a question.

"Okay that's fine. Thanks mom. Love you" she says and she kisses my cheek. She smiled and ran back upstairs to her room. I fell back and took a deep breath.

"You okay mommy?" Brooklyn asks waddling over to me. I smiled and sat up. I picked her up and gave her a pop kiss on the lips.

"Yea baby I'm fine" I smile and kiss her forehead.

"Hey my princesses." Sam said and sat next to us on the couch. He took Brooklyn and sat her on his lap, he kissed her cheek and she giggled.

"Did you talk to Addie already?" He asked and I nodded.

"What did you say?"

"I lied and said that we had a leak and most of the pictures got ruined. But Sam how about if she finds out the truth from someone, someone that's not us." I said and sighed.

"Who else knows? Other than family and really close friends that know not to say anything."

"No one"

"Then there's nothing to worry about."

"Sam you're acting like this isn't important, like this is something little."

"Mommy I'm tired." Brooklyn said interrupting.

"Let's go to bed then baby." I said and picked her up.

"Come back down. We need to talk." Sam said and I nodded.

I took her into her room and laid her down, "Goodnight princess. Love you tons." I said and kissed her forehead after tucking her in.

"Love you more." She said and I walked out and turned off the lights.

I walked to Michael's room and he was on his laptop.

"Bed time. Let's go." I said and he turned off his laptop. After saying goodnight I went to Jason's room and Mikaela's room and did the same.

Lastly, Addie's room.

"Those pictures are good right?"

"Yeah they're fine."

"Ok love you."

"Love you too." She said and I walked back downstairs.

I sat next to Sam, "Of course I care about telling Addie, but I just think you're over reacting about it." He started, "Nobody knows, nobody will tell her. We will tell her when the time is right, now is just simply not the right time. We have too many things going on. Addison needs to focus on school, if we tell her now then she will start worrying about it and she doesn't need to."

"How about if when we tell her it's too late?"

"It'll never be too late, it'll be too early."

"How about if she wants to meet Katherine then what?"

"Lillian, Katherine is dead."

"How do you know that?" "Do you not remember? You told me after Addie had a play date with Katherine's niece!"

"Yeah and you knew it was her and didn't even tell me! You just left." I said remembering the day, "Then you come home angry that I said all these things, when you knew all along."

"Lillian really now is not the time to talk about it. The point is now is not the time to tell Addie, Katherine is dead so we don't need to worry about her, and we'll still be a family at the end of the day." He said and stood up.

"Come on let's go to bed." He said and kissed me.

I couldn't help but feel like Sam was wrong. I know that it may not be the perfect time to tell her, but will there ever be a perfect time? I don't want this to ruin the relationship I have with her. I don't want her to feel like she can't trust me, or like I'm not her mom. I may not be her mom by blood, but I do love her like I love Jason, Brooklyn, Michael, and Mikaela.