Nightmares [3]

'Someone's knocking...'

'Is my sister back?!' I rush to the door, I open it and...

Tears flow in my eyes, as I see my sister's mangled body on the steps.

'I can't breathe I can't breathe I can't breathe I can't breathe I can't breathe I can't breathe I can't breathe I can't breathe I can't breathe I can't breathe I can't breathe I can't breathe I can't breathe I can't breathe I can't breathe I can't breathe I can't breathe I can't breathe I can't breathe I can't breathe I can't breathe I can't breathe I can't breathe I can't breathe I can't breathe I can't breathe I can't breathe I can't breathe I can't breathe I can't breathe'

I watch myself sob, and hold my sister's body drenched to the bone in her blood.

Crying.

Screaming.

Rain, it's raining. The rain is washing off the blood.

'I could have helped her I could have helped her I could have helped her I could have helped her I could have helped her I could have helped her I could have helped her I could have helped her I could have helped her I could have helped her I could have helped her I could have helped her I could have helped her I could have helped her I could have helped her I could have helped her I could have helped her I could have helped her I could have helped her I could have helped her I could have helped her I could have helped her I could have helped her I could have helped her I could have helped her I could have helped her I could have helped her I could have helped her I could have helped her I could have helped her I could have helped her I could have helped her I could have helped her I could have helped her I could have helped her I could have helped her'

I woke up with tears in my eyes, as I looked outside I noticed it was raining.

(4:30 AM)

'Every year without fail, on our- no my birthday'

I get dressed in a Ribbed Knit Drop Shoulder Black Cardigan, with matching black leggings. I washed my face, and put some basic makeup on to cover my eye bags. I got my umbrella out and went to visit her grave, with some flowers.

"Hey, I miss you...

Happy Birthday.

I-um got you flowers...

I- I really wish you were here right now..."

I stayed there for hours, talking to her, catching up with my friends, clubs i've joined, people i've met, the exchange students. By the time I was ready to leave it was 10 AM, time to go back. I didn't bother getting changed, I don't want to celebrate my birthday. I stayed in my room for the rest of the day, I didn't need to go to class because ever since that day, I had been excused from school on my birthday. I just sat, and waited for Ben to come so we could sit in silence together, mourning my sister. You see Ben was in love with my sister, he was going to confess the day she disappeared.

"Hey, can I come in?" Ben asked softly from behind my dorm door.

"It's unlocked" I said so quietly I wasn't even sure if he heard me. My doubts were answered when he came in.

"I brought you breakfast." Ben said, trying to get me to eat.

"hm, how do you know i haven't eaten?" I said softly.

"Y/N/N I know you. I know you haven't eaten today, you haven't even left your dorm. I brought you a couple plain bagels, because..."

"They're the perfect breakfast" He and I said together. Well he got me, I extended my hand for him to give me one and he did. I bite into it, and suddenly realize how hungry I was.

"Thanks" I mutter while munching on the bagel.

"Now c'mon! We've spent 1 too many Birthdays just sitting silently. I have a surprise party for you."

"You what? No."

"C'mon Audrey and Evie couldn't help themselves" He said, completely aware that his statement would spike my interest. It did, I mean it really did.

"As much as I want to see that I feel like I would be betraying my sister."

"Please just 5 minutes? There will be chocolate you can dip your bagel in..."

"Fine but only for 5 minutes"

"Great and remember to act surprised, ok?" I just nodded in response.

3rd P.O.V.

As Y/N and Ben made their way to Mal and Evie's dorm, Audrey and Evie had temporarily made an alliance to fawn over how great the party would be. As much as our Main Character acted like she hated the entire idea, she was secretly happy Ben made her come.

Your P.O.V.

As I walked in, I may have pretended to be surprised but the smile on my face was of pure joy. Mal looked at me suspiciously, she probably knows I knew.

"So Y/N, do you like it?" Audrey asks.

"I do! Thank you Audrey and thank you Evie! Ben told me that you and Audrey teamed up on this."

Everyone said Happy Birthday to me, and I ended up staying for 2 hours, playing games, talking. When the Cake was brought out it didn't just say "Happy Birthday Y/N", It said "Happy Birthday Y/N and Lilith".

I was happy, on my birthday, for the first time in a long time.