Don't Get the Wrong Idea

Eve would open her window to look outside every night, where the Alabaster would come to sit on her window and chat with her. The Alabaster would have to come to talk to her, or else she would throw paper balls to his head until she gets his attention. It has been a few nights of night visits to Eve's window and Eve has been opening up to him, yet the Alabaster himself seldomly talks about himself.

"Do you like macarons? I have some we can eat together," Eve has started having food to share with the boy.

"Are you lonely or something? You have to stop calling me over if you don't want to get in trouble with your old man," the boy told her, eating a mini macaron in one bite.

"I'm don't really get along with other girls here, so I'm a little lonely..." Eve admitted.

"Maybe it's because you're weird, Evening-san." The boy rolled his eyes.

"Stop calling me a weirdo," Eve pouted, "Also, just call me 'Eve'." she told him.

"Eve...? Fine," the boy obeyed and sighed, "I heard your old man is investigating the kidnapping of Rose Wright," he said, leaning on the casing of the window.

"That's right, but my dad seems to be at a dead end." Eve sighed.

"That's because your old man is looking at the wrong place, he didn't even investigate Rose Wright's house." The boy rolled his eyes once again as he groaned, "Tell him to go to her house and search her room," he told Eve.

"Ng? Why?" Eve was confused.

"I've heard of the details from the radio, Rose Wright was suspected to be kidnapped by Johnny Rock, right? Because Rose Wright's friends clarified that she was being stalked by Johnny Rock," the boy explained, "There has to be clues left by the stalker around the house, and it would be easier to identify foreign objects or DNA because Rose Wright lives alone. Just tell you old man that, he'll know what to do." He continued.

"Wow... I didn't expect you to be this smart, Alabaster." Eve was surprised.

"I'm not taking that as a compliment," the boy was somewhat offended, then he went silent for a few seconds. "It's Tsuguha Chifuyu," he added as he looked away.

"Huh?" Eve paused in confusion.

"You wanted to know my name, didn't you? There's your answer," Chifuyu gave her a cynical look.

"Um, Tsuguha-kun...?" Eve was hesitant.

"You know Japanese etiquette, huh?" Chifuyu was slightly impressed.

"I learned them since I was young," Eve smiled.

"Sure. Alright, I have to get going." Chifuyu puts his mask back on and prepared to jump out, "Bonne soirée, Eve." He raised his two fingers.

"See you," Eve responded as he jumped off of the window, to the roof of the building outside and starts his journey back to his home.

***

Eve walked out of her room in the morning, meeting her father in the private investigator's room. Shelves of books were the walls of the room and stacks of documents were on each side of the big wooden table in the room, where Detective Taylor was sitting behind on his chair.

"Good morning, Eve." Taylor greeted his daughter.

"Good morning, Dad." Eve shut the door behind her, then approached her father's desk. "Are you still working on Rose Wright's kidnapping?" she asked her father.

"Yes, we're trying to find a clue where she might be held at." Taylor sighed heavily.

"W-Why not try searching her house?" Eve suggested hesitantly, and Taylor turned his attention to her with a curious look. "Johnny Rock is the main suspect, right? And Rose Wright's friends claimed that Johnny Rock is her stalker, so there must be clues left in her house. You know, she lives alone and it'll be easy to identify foreign objects or DNA." She continued with a doubtful tone.