Chapter 5~RUN FOR YOUR LIFE

HELLO LOVELY PEOPLE THAT ARE LOVELY. I changed the ending to the last part in chapter4, so things don't seem as cliche. Louis is not going to see Lyla at the park..ok? Welp, I guess that's it, enjoy...or not...doesn't matter... 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The sun was quickly sinking into the horizon, making the sky grow dark. I know that what I would have to face once I finally made it home, wouldn't be pretty. I'd stayed out all night. Unintentionally, of course, but my father wasn't going to believe me if I told him that.

He wasn't the most forgiving person, if you couldn't already tell. My legs had grown numb due to not moving for the past three hours. The throbbing in my head hadn't still hadn't decreased at all.  

I unfolded my legs from the criss cross position they were currently in. Luckily I'd grown accustomed to managing pain throughout the years, otherwise I would have most likely just collapsed onto the ground. Black spots clouded my vision as I began to walk towards home.

Maybe he's already drowned himself in beer for the night and is already passed out. Or maybe, he'll be completely sober, and have dinner ready on the table. Atrocious thoughts swam in my brain. This headache is really getting to me.  

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Somehow I was able to make it home without crumbling to the ground on the way. Searing pain flowed freely through me, head to toe. There wasn't an inch of my body that didn't hurt. The lights were still on in the living room, and I could hear a football game blaring on the television.  

I silently prayed that he was already asleep on the couch. I twisted the key in the front door, and opened it, trying to be as quiet as possible. Today just wasn't my day. The door made the most ear deafening creak that it could possibly make as I swung it open. Lovely.

I squeezed my eyes closed, frightened of what I may have to face. I could definitely hear rhythmical breathing coming from the sofa. Maybe he had fallen asleep already! I popped my eyes open, but what I saw was definitely unexpected.  

There, laying on the couch, was my dad, sleeping, with his arms around a woman, both of them, completely, and utterly naked.

  Well that's new.

  I gagged, as puke burned the back of my throat. That's something that I could live my whole life, without seeing. Better her then me though, right? Wine coolers, hard liquor bottles, and beer cans were scattered throughout the entire room.

Lovely. I am not cleaning this mess up. At least I won't have to endure another beating from him though. He would never hit me with another person here. Jail was possibly his one and only fear.

I still tip toed up the stairs to my bedroom. I can't even imagine the awkward situation we'd all be put in, if either of them woke up.

  Once I had made it to my room, I collapsed on my bed. The stairs were hell, that's all I'll say.

  I just layed there for a half hour or so, before I concluded that I had to wash off all of this grime. I winced and squeezed my eyes shut as I, of course, managed to stub my toe on my bed post. I lipmed over to my bathroom and flicked the shower on.

  I stripped down and timidly stuck my hand into the running water. Steam bagan to seep out from under the curtain after a couple moments. Due to the extremely high temperature of the water, my hand turned a light pink color.