Chapter 2. Jacob's Story

*Flashback*

I walked down the hall, wondering where in the world my friend Lucas was. He was supposed to be taking me home, and now he was nowhere to be found. I was 16, but I had spent the weekend with Luke, and left my truck at home. I stopped by his locker and waited. A few girls passed and I recognized them all. They were Zoe's friends. Zoe was the most envied girl in school, she was beautiful, unique, and shy. She used to be in a clique with me, and I had always envied her personality. She was so forgiving and trusting. Just as I was about to ask her out, everything changed, and she started loosing herself. She eventually found a new group of friends and a new life. But she seemed even more heratic now.

I smiled thinking about her, but almost slapped myself when I remembered I had a girlfriend. I shook my head and concentrated. I looked up just in time to see Luke jogging towards me. Right when I did, I noticed Kyle Darlington walking down the hall. I was just about to wave when I saw what was in his hand. A few other people noticed and they all backed against the lockers and hastling towards the doors. I stood there motionless.

"Jake!" Luke said, pulling on my arm. Right then, Kyle's eyes shot towards me. I swalowed the lump that was in my throat and started backing up.

"Jacob, I think that's not the best idea." Kyle said, raising his gun. I exhaled and my life flashed before my eyes as he pulled the trigger, but something else flashed too. Luke's body was all of a sudden limp on the floor. Kyle didn' hesitate and a few seconds later, he was dead. I dropped down to my friend's body and watched his brown eyes flicker.

"Lucas!" I screamed. "Stay with me!" I yelled.

"Don't forget me, always forgive me." His last words echoed in my head as I watched Zoe walk in. It was my second time at Life and now the one girl who did not witness the shooting was here. She was lucky. Everyone who missed it was lucky, but everyone has a story. Mine was loosing my friend, and then my parent's relationship. Zoe Lynn has a story, too. But she will never understand why I am here. She will never understand real pain.

Hope you enjoyed!

Thank you for reading!!!

I love you all!!!