Chapter 3. First Day

Zoe's POV

"We all have a story here. For the past few weeks, we have been going over basics as we waited for the rest of the group to join," John hands a piece of paper to everyone as he speaks. "Your first assignment is to write everything you know, or think you know about everyone in this room. You will be assigned your group when you're finished. There will be three groups of three and one group of four." John sat down in his chair and watched us work.

Karelia- shy and quiet. stays to herself.

Paul- was in a car accident and now uses a wheelchair to get around.

Jackie- shy and modest. 3rd in our class

Patch- his parents died and he lives with an aunt now

Morgan- was made fun of in school and now never talks to anyone

Jordan- stares off into space. made fun of because he liked a girl three years younger

Lisa- shy and pretty. Reminds me of myself.

Zack- nothing much...

Jacob- watched his best friend die...

I turned my paper over when I finished, and everyone passed them to John. He looked at them carefully.

"Okay," John passed a paper to Karelia. "This is your new group. From now on, everyday you are here, you will talk to these people, and find out there story." I grabbed the paper from Lisa.

Jacob, Patch, and Zoe.

Of course, I thought to myself. I passed the paper to Zack.

"Why are we put with these people?" Zack asked as he passed the paper on.

"Well, I have talked to most of these people. I know each of their stories differ, and at the very end, we will tell everyone our stories. These groups are also separated by people with common and different interests." John smiled. "Now move your chairs to be in your group." We all stood up. Patch and Jacob pushed three beanbags to a place a little close to the far corner. We all sat down.

"So, I'm Jacob." Jacob said. He looked at Patch and then at me.

"I'm Zoe Lynn." I said.

"I'm Patrick." Patch said.

"So, who wants to go first?" Jacob asked.

"I will." Patrick said. "So, when I was fourteen, my friends started telling me drugs were pretty cool. Well, I had always been curoius, so I tried them. I ended up getting high at a party. I called my parents on accident and told them to come pick me up. They freaked out and came straight away. A mile away from my friend's house, they crashed into a lake because a guy that came from the same party was headed home and passed out. It was my fault they were coming, and my friend who killed them. Well, after moving in with Great Aunt Alicia, I started drinking and doing worse drugs. Well, it messed me up in the head and I had a illness when I thought there were spiders in my nose. Everyone made fun of me when I picked my nose, and finally, Alicia took me to the doctor. He gave me medicine and I was fine, but he switched it a few months ago, and now I'm always super depressed." Patrick looked at us.

"Wow..." I said.

"It also made me forget a lot of things. Everyone called me Patch, but Patrick sounds much better. I don't remember people ever calling me Patch, though." He looked to the left.

"So, you felt responsible?" I asked.

"He should! He's the one that caused it!" Jacob spat.

"Hey, no he doesn't!" I put my hand on Patrick's knee. "I always felt responisble for my parents marriage. They have never been happy together and I thought it was my fault because I was the reason they married."

"Oh, so that's your story?! Your parents are unhappy and you feel like it's your fault! Unbelievable!" Jacob stood up and stormed out. John shook his head at the door, but kept working with his group.

"There's more to the story." Patrick said, talking about me.

"Yeah, but he has a story, too..." I wipped away a tear that was slipping down my cheek. "Everyone just expresses it in their own way."

Sorry it's sooo short! I'm in my 6th period and trying to waste time!

Thanks for the reads! I hope you like it!

Vote and Comment please!!!!

I hope you enjoy!!!

Love,

Taylor! <3