Chapter 15: Tonight is About Closure

As Izuku and Maeko left the train car at their station, the rest of the large group blended in with the crowd making their way to the event, up the subway staircase and across Time Square.

Ochako, Mei, Danjuro, Manami, Snipe, and Mirio led the teams through the street. They hoped their disguises would hide the fact that together, they still looked intimidating.

At the top of the Atlas tower, a man stared down at the city below from his office window.

"You ready to change history, Arthur?" An older woman asked with a big smile.

"Hesitantly, yes." He replied.

"Hesitantly?" She questioned.

"Maeko got away. Those heroes from Japan are at large. And there are protesters trying to convince our friends at the UN to repeal the Accords that we created. This night will end one way or the other forever."

"Oof. For a man that's made a hell of a living using his brain, he sure doesn't know when to turn it off and just have some fun." She groaned as she put her hands on his shoulders. "Here's what we're gonna do. We're gonna get you down to the party, you're gonna deliver them a riveting speech, and then we drink until the sun rises!"

"I suppose..." He quickly turned from her. "AI, if I give the signal, initiate the failsafe."

A flatscreen lowered itself in front of them from the ceiling. It turned on and revealed a face made of pink pixels. "Yes, sir." It answered him. It buzzed loudly and stared at the two.

"Sir..."

"Yes?" Arthur asked. "What's the matter?"

"My other half... He is here."

The two looked at each other, and then sprinted toward the elevator.

Meanwhile, Ochako and the other heroes strutted into a large open hall on the ground floor with lots of fancy foods, decorations, and people. Lots of people. Celebrities, politicians, judges, doctors. Many of which were former heroes either there for support or because they actually prefer the Accords and Atlas take their place.

"My friends, this is my kind of party!" Yuga cheered.

"Keep it down, will ya?!" Katsuki snapped at him.

"Bakugo's right. We need to keep a low profile and blend in with the crowd. See what we can find out about the people here..." Ochako instructed. "Although it wouldn't hurt to have Momo here..."

"Yeah. If anyone knows fancy party etiquette, it's her." Kyoka added.

"Not to worry, my companions! Lucky for you, La- Manami and I happen to be connoisseurs of New York's finest parties." Danjuro smirked through his face mask.

"And teas!" Manami added cheerfully.

"I say we split up. We look suspicious as a larger bunch." Snipe commented.

"Agreed." Mei nodded.

Moments later, as each of the vigilantes ventured through the waves of people to various spots on the floor, speakers turned on in announcement.

"Ladies and gentlemen, friends and dignitaries from around the globe, as representatives of Atlas tonight, Arthur and I would personally like to thank you all for attending!" A female voice spoke into a microphone at the front of the spacious room, where she stood alongside the man named Arthur, a handful of Atlas suits, and a large monitor hanging from the tall ceiling.

To their sides stood six of the prototype Atlas hero robots at attention, and at the moment unresponsive.

"And to kick off this wonderful night, Arthur would like to share a few words. Don't worry, he came prepared." She winked.