Chapter 2: Security Tapes

The prisons went on high alert. One prisoner, labeled as powerful as some of the most powerful and dangerous villains to have ever been captured, has escaped Tartarus.

But by the time order had been restored to the mighty fortress, the prisoner, and his helper, were long gone.

A helicopter flew in to the airspace and landed on the pad on the top of the facility.

A lone woman marched through the halls in a business suit, surrounded by guards and the warden himself.

"Show me the cell." She ordered as she marched down.

The guards and warden guided her over to the section of the prison that had been blown open.

What was once a single prison cell, was now a gapping hole leading right to a straight drop in the ocean.

Once the woman looked down at the drop, she turned to the warden and slapped his face.

"Show me the security tapes." She ordered.

"Yes ma'am." The man groaned submissively.

Quickly making their way to the surveillance room, the warden had his guards scan through the footage from last night.

The woman stood behind them, leaning in against their chairs. It seemed that her eyes caught it before they did. "Stop." She ordered.

They stopped forwarding the footage and froze on an image of a security guard blowing a hole in Izuku Midoriya's cell, then blowing another hole out. Not a minute passes by, and they both leapt out of the hole, most likely to the crashing waves and sharp rocks below.

"That's it..." The one guard with his hand on the mouse said.

"No. Who was that guard?" The woman asked.

"It wasn't a guard, madam." The warden said.

He pushed the guards aside and pulled up tapes from before this incident of a blonde haired man knocking out a guard and stealing his uniform.

"But how did he get in?" The woman asked.

The guards and warden continued to rewind back, skimming through hundreds of videos from hundreds of cameras.

One video revealed to them the armored truck that brought in the prison's food rations. The only vehicle that came in to the facility that day.

Another video revealed he was hiding amongst the deliverymen carrying the food inside the prison. What really separated him from anyone else dumb enough to break into Tartarus, was his ferocity. In the videos, he seemed to hide well. Then when the time came, he lunged at the guards, knocking one out, and struggling with the other, who had a solidifying Quirk on his own body.

The woman narrowed her eyes. "Katsuki Bakugo."

The warden and guards looked at her worriedly.

"Now, show me how they escaped." She ordered, less than patiently. There was something about her that made the warden and guards of one of the world's top villain prisons uneasy and nervous, leaving room for mistakes and slow reactions.

They went back over to where Midoriya and Bakugo jumped.

There were two cameras, one for the cell, and one for the wall outside.

However, Bakugo's blast was so well aimed, it not only destroyed the cell wall through meters of concrete, but it also blasted the closest camera pointed their way.

"Son of a bitch." The warden sighed.

"Smart son of a bitch indeed. There's no way they were alone." The woman said.

"I'll say. It's a straight drop almost a hundred meters down into freezing waters and large rocks." The guard sighed, bearing the head of a red fox.

"And nothing for kilometers out." The warden added.

"And once they escaped, nobody saw a boat or a jet or something fly away?" She asked.

"...No ma'am." The warden said.

The woman sneered at them, standing back and looking at the rather pathetic crew of Japan's finest.

"Noted. Looks like we have a manhunt now, gentlemen. Carry on." She smiled before turning around and seeing herself out back to her helicopter.

As her chopper was flying away from the prison, she tapped into an earpiece in her right ear. "It's time. Blow it." She ordered into the small microphone.

On her cue, the enormous bridge, the only structure and one of the only ways on and off the island of Tartarus, began to emit smoke and crumble.

Charges planted in the pillars and legs went off, shaking and crippling the foundation.

One segment at a time, the bridge began to collapse into the depths below.

The warden and his guards watched the scene in horror unfold before their eyes.

"It's time we bumped up security." The woman said. "How soon can you release the prototypes?"

"See that's the thing." A man replied through her earpiece. "They're still prototypes. They're as fragile as if we sent out people."

"I don't care. We have two big threats to our work at large again and we need to control those city streets!" She snapped.

"...Best we can do is in three days."

"Three days?" She questioned.

"Yes. Some of them still need environmental modifications, and that Deku one-"

"Yes, what about it?" She asked impatiently.

"That's the glitchiest one of them all!" He whined.

"That's the one we need released the most! Top priority! Fix it and modify those units and send them out to the United Nations capitols or your ass is grass!" She threatened.

"...There are a few others we could send before the Deku design." He suggested.

"How soon?" She asked.

"Still the three days. But I promise. Three days? They'll all be fully functional and ready to hit the streets. No more protests. No more crime rates spiking up. No more complaints." The man promised.

"Good boy." She purred. "You better know what you're doing."

"Oh ma'am, that is my 'Quirk' after all." He chuckled.

"This conversation is over, nerd. Get back to it." She ordered and disconnected. "Get me back to Tokyo." She then requested to the pilot.

"That's what I've been doin'." He replied with a roll of his eyes.

The helicopter increased its speed as it flew off over the crashing waves of the wrecking bridge below and the stranded prison in the horizon.