Chapter 18: Do It For Her

The robots ceased their attacks and fell down, deactivated.

Dark Shadow spotted Izuku's body plummeting down and quickly caught him, even though it was extremely bright. It lost its strength quickly and set him down before retreating into Fumikage's coat.

In an instant, Izuku was up gasping for air. The small dose of Trigger fled his system in that big blowout. Before he said anything, did anything else, he dashed over to the edge of the falling dust and settling pieces from the skyscraper.

She lay on the sidewalk motionless.

"O-Ochako!" He gagged and ran to her side, lifting her up, gently by her head and back. "Ochako...?"

Her eyes were closed. The blood appeared to stop flowing, as if in respect. It was as if angels spared her body from appearing as broken as she really was.

The green-haired young man cradled her in his arms and rocked back and forth, sobbing loud for everyone to hear. The former hero who met this sweet, beautiful woman in the entrance exam of their high school, the friendship they had, the love they built and eventually confessed. Slipped away in the stream of his tears. He spoke her name over and over, hoping, praying that she would hear.

He wanted nothing more than to apologize for what he said, and all that he did, and did not do. He whispered it all to her as he continued to rock.

Mei, Tsuyu, Momo, Yuga, Danjuro, Eijiro, Denki, Kyoka, Minoru, Manami, Snipe, Mirio, and Fumikage stood in shock. The first to approach was Momo, who after all these years, still felt a sense of responsibility over these heroes. She knelt down and cried, draping her arm around Izuku.

No one spoke. Instead, each of them joined in embracing and comforting their friend. The only sounds were the sobs, cries, and sniffles.

Eventually, the group made their way to the police. Izuku refused to leave Ochako's side as he carried her wherever they were directed to go.

Mei quickly looked around the rubble and noticed a single broken computer chip lying on the ground in the center. She picked it up and held it tightly in her hands.

The authorities felt it would be best if the Japanese were tried in their own country, and extradited them all back to Japan.

Izuku hardly cared for what was said when they returned. But something told him, it was good news.

Atlas' crimes were revealed when Hatsume exposed them online. The UN leaders were admonished for the Accords and several Quirk activist groups won their court cases. But for now, the Accords remained as order still had to be kept without the support of heroes.

Arthur, Katie, and their team were all arrested for hiring Hatsume to harass, and even kill certain hero activists, like Mina Ashido.

The robots had done much damage, including the murder of dozens of heroes. Thankfully, through the efforts of the vigilantes, many lives were also saved.

The first thing Izuku did when he finally got back was run to the Uraraka residence. There, Eri was already waiting for him at the door. She cried as she ran to him and hugged him tighter than she'd ever hugged before. Izuku scooped her up and held her close as he wept with her.

Their records were wiped. Izuku was invited back to the police station. He needed a job to take care of his adopted daughter anyway.

Months passed, and Izuku would spend much of that time beside Ochako's grave. He'd share with her all the wonderful things Eri was doing in school. Eri told him that she wanted to become a hero just like they were. Just like she was. And at some point during his visits, he would cry about how much he missed her.