An Orphan and A Killer

The following dialogue is spoken in piglin, written in English for your convenience since you don't know how to read it. You should really get on that, by the way, I told you I'd teach you!

Anyway, you asked for my story so here it is! You asked how me and dad met, and since I can't see you right now and for a while, I figured I'd right it to you in the form of a letter to show off how good I've gotten at English!! And no, dad isn't helping me write any of this.

So, on the following pages is my entire story, from start to now, but this is hardly the end. Have fun reading!

I love you Grandpa,

—Y/N

I watched in horror as they took my brother, knowing I'd never see the boy again. They had killed our parents in front of us, they would no doubt kill him as well.

Others hearing my story would call me a coward or monster for what I did next, but those people are probably humans. They don't understand what it's like to be my kind, a piglin. In the Nether, it's survival if the fittest. And my little brother just wouldn't have made it long without just me to care for him, anyway.

And so I ran.

I ran for miles and miles, hopping across lava pools and cliffs. I ran until I could hardly breath, and then I ran some more. I ran until my legs gave out in front of the black and purple statue I had seen the humans walk in and out of so many times. Looking at it up close, it seemed like there were scorch marks at the base, as if someone had tried to burn it before.

Then the statue filled with purple light, and a man stepped through.

The man was tall, long black leather bags attached to his feet. He wore a long, bright red fabric that was hung from his shoulders, ruffled white fabric around his torso. The same color of red fabric was tied around his waist, holding up his black fabric around his legs. Long pink hair was twisted around itself and went down his back. And the worst part?

He wore a piglin face over top of his own.

I screamed, backing away.

"That is an unclothed child," the scary man spoke a language I couldn't understand, covering his eyes, "hold on... that's a piglin..." he uncovered his eyes slowly, stepping towards me.

"W-Wait! Please don't hurt me!" I screamed, frantically backing away as the man stopped his advances.

"Right, you speak piglin," he crouched down, taking off his mask to reveal one of my kind beneath it, "hey kid, I'm not gonna hurt y'a. I promise." Suddenly I could understand him, making me gasp.

"You... you can understand me?"

"Yep. I'm half you, after all," he extended his hand, "come on. I'll take you to your parents."

"I...." Tears filled my eyes, remembering my parents death just hours earlier.

"What's wrong? I said I'd take you to your parents, kid."

"I... My parents are... not here anymore."

"...of course it's an orphan," the man sighed, standing up and walking down the path towards the bastion, "the one time I try to help a child.."

"W-Wait," I scrambled to my feet, grabbing the man's arm, "that's where they come from!"

"They? Also, don't touch me." He waved me off, but didn't continue on.

"The ones that killed my parents! They come from there! Please, they'll kill you!"

"....so brutes killed your parents," he paused, seemingly deep in thought, "any siblings? Pets?"

"U-Um.. no. Not... anymore." I looked down, guilt flooding into my mind as I remembered my brother. He was surely dead by now, and now this man could die due to my failure as well.

"...ok kid," he took the red fabric from his shoulders, throwing it at me, "wear this, it gets cold. Follow me. Or.. don't." He turned and started walking back to the portal.

Weighing my options, I knew I'd die if I stayed where the ones who killed my parents would find me, or I could risk the man killing me for an option of a new life.

I threw the red fabric around my shoulders, and I followed the man towards the black and purple statue.