The Wedding

Things finally started to calm down and get back to normal. I started to figure things out for myself and plan my wedding. I was reflecting back on the past, proud of myself for how far I had come. As a child, I would never have guessed I would someday be where I currently was. It had been a few months since my brother and I had to fight for the fortune, under a year since Kai proposed, and over a year since I lost my sister and mother. But it was finally time to have a fresh start. We had a wedding, a casual one on the Pearl, nothing special. I was with my whole family.
Reflecting on myself, I realized it wasn't just my family name I was leaving behind. I was ready to leave Adrienna Pearl Teach in the past, a girl with no power and no right to anything. I was leaving my past behind. I was leaving behind a girl who was mistreated by her father and the man she was forced to marry, forced to lose innocence at a young age. I knew she would be okay. I knew because someday, that girl would become Captain Adrie of the White Pearl, and though she still would not be extremely loved or known in the world, that seemingly inconsequential captain would become a woman who would change pirate history, not only through her own actions, but through those of her children as well. Those children would grow to be great pirates, and someday, they too would evolve, grow and change, becoming the people they were always meant to be. That was what I was doing - fulfilling my destiny and becoming the truest version of myself, the one I had suppressed for so long, or maybe had just never known existed. I was ready to leave everything else behind and become my future - a captain, a mother, a sister, a daughter, a pirate, and a wife. That is the girl - no, the woman - that I was ready to become. Her name is Adrie Pearl Evans.
Captain Adrie Evans of the White Pearl.