06

"Good evening! Welcome to Sunrise Cafe! May I take your order?"

"Uhm... I'll have 1 Sunny Latte and Shine Cookies." The customer replied.

"Name?" I asked politely.

"Bora."

I continued taking orders from customers and if there is no one ordering. I helped Juno make the drinks or put the pastry on a plate. I don't know but Juno and I always have the same shift, the only difference is she works on Thursday and Friday.

It's already 7 pm and Juno is still taking her dinner break. I'm already hungry, I hope she finishes her food fast because I feel like dying.

"Jungwonah, I'm done taking my break. It's your turn." I nodded in response to Juno. I'm glad that her break time is over.

I opened the lunch that I bought before going here. I only ordered once hamburger, fries, and mashed potato, I did not order some drinks because I have to save money so I'll drink water instead.

I checked my phone maybe Sunoo texted me or something, but instead of Sunoo's messages, I saw Jay's messages instead.

From: Jay Student

Hey, I'll go there around 8.

What? But my shifts end around 10. Don't tell me he is going to wait for 2 hours. Like seriously? How important is this question that he is willing to wait for hours?

From: Jay Student

Are you at your work right now?

From: Jay Student

Hey

To: Jay Student

Come here at 9:40 or 10.

8 pm is too early. I don't want him to wait for how many hours. I stopped using my phone and continue eating dinner. I have to make it fast because I can see a lot of students entering the cafe.

Maybe it's because of the Welcome Program? That's why we have a lot of customers now than usual. I drank my water and went back to work immediately. The whole cafe is really packed with students! I bet they're here to meet with their friends so that they can go together to the live band later.

Sunoo texted me that he is with his friends and he's only gonna wait for me after my shift ends.

"Jungwonah. Today is a very busy day, we have so many customers!" Juno said while wiping her sweat.

"Maybe because of the live band at the University," I replied.

The customers are slowly leaving the cafe, I bet the live band is about the start. Juno is cleaning the tables while I am mopping the floors.

"Jungwonah, entertain the customer," Juno commanded me. I did not hesitate to go to the counter and greeted the customer.

He's here already? I look at my watch and I saw that it was still 8:50 Pm!

"Aren't you gonna take my order?"

"Oh. I'm sorry about that Sir. May I get your order?" I asked politely, putting a smile on my face.

"Sunray Iced Coffee." He said. He must like that because that's what he ordered the last time he came here.

"Na- never mind," I was about to ask for his name but I realized that I already know his name.

He settled on his usual spot which is near the counter. I look at his outfit, he is wearing black ripped jeans and a white v-neck shirt, he layered it with a black bomber jacket, and to add up the whole look he wore some jewelry and a pair of shoes.

I met his eyes and he raised an eyebrow at me. Fuck. Did I stare that long? To avoid his gaze, I started making his coffee.

The whole time he is here, he only kept on staring at me as if I have something on my face or what. I am really bothered by his stares. My shift is about to end the customers already left including Jay, I can see him standing outside the cafe.

"Is he here for you?" Juno asked.

"Uh. Yeah." I answered awkwardly.

"Are you two dating or something?" She asked getting excited to hear my answer. I can also feel her teasing aura.

"What? No. I am his tutor. I have to go now, bye Junossi." I said and immediately get my things and leave.

I look for Jay outside because he is not on the spot where I saw him standing. Where did that man go?

"Jungwon." I look at the person who called me. I saw jay holding two corn dogs in his hand. He handed me the other one, I was hesitant to accept it but I am so hungry the burger and fries are not enough.

"Uhh- Thanks. So, what are you gonna ask me?"

"Are you single?"

I choked on my food and gave him strong glares. Is he freaking serious?!

aylablankspaces | sunsets with you