Chapter 1

“Hey Eden and Eliza, nice to see you again,” Claire Green greeted as soon as Eliza and I walked into the large school. Claire Green has been an office worker ever since she got to this school so she knows everybody pretty well. She’s the teacher’s personal favorite. Eliza and I nodded and smiled at her. We both came to a halt in the school foyer while other students walked right past us. Everything still seemed the same as last year. Exactly the same.

            “Nothing changed, really,” Eliza said as if she was reading my mind. But considering we are twins, she could probably do that.

            “No kidding.” The bell rang loudly and students all around us scurried down the hallways. Eliza and I smiled at each other and then parted. We may be twins, but we don’t have all the same classes believe it or not. We actually only have two classes with each other.

            “See ya later sis,” I said waving goodbye. She nodded and then disappeared down the hall. I was at the intersection of halls and suddenly went blank on where my class was. So, I was going to English class…and I still can’t remember where it is. Fantastic. I randomly chose a hall to venture down and looked at the names of the teacher’s on doors. I was looking for Mrs. Williams, yet by the time I got to the end of the hall I still hadn’t found her, but I did find a stair well. I carefully made my way down the stair well in fear of stumbling and rolling down the stairs like Eliza almost did this morning. I remember Eliza and I used this stair well to escape our teacher Mrs. Tynes who was furious as can be when she saw us skipping her class. Good times, good times.

            I was nearly at the end of the stairs when I heard somebody walking down the stairs also, a flight above me.  In panic I tried to hurry down the steps but tripped over my own feet and crashed down onto the floor, chest first.

            “Whoa, you okay?” I heard a male voice nearly shout as he raced down the stairs after me. I was too dazed and confused to even see properly. Right now all I was seeing were white and black dots swirling around in front of me.

            “Uh, um…” that was all I could say before I felt a hand on my elbow trying to pull me up. My vision became clear and I realized that it was Allen Reed, Eliza’s ex-boyfriend. Well, I wouldn’t officially say ‘ex’ boyfriend since they are pretty much off and on couple 24/7.

            “Oh, hey Allen. Thanks for helping me up,” I said looking into his light brown eyes. He barely smiled and then began laughing, hard. I sighed and crossed my arms over my chest. So he thought it was funny, huh?

            “Was it really that ugly?” I said with a harsh tone. He tried to calm his laughter and grinned.

            “Well, it certainly wasn’t the prettiest fall in the world,” he replied nearly bursting back into laughter. He managed to chill out and go back into a serious face.

            “Thanks for noticing.” I began to walk away down an empty hallway that I clearly remember from last year until Allen pulled me back with his hand. His force was so strong I almost stumbled backwards.

            “Okay, look I’m sorry. But it really wasn’t all that pretty and to see such a perfect person turn into a human bowling ball was kinda funny,” he grinned heaving a sigh.

            “Do you even know which one I am?” I asked preferring to both I and my sister. Usually random people will start talking to me and pretend to know which one I am, Eliza or Eden. Most think I’m Eliza though, which kind of pisses me off because every time I talk to one of my good friends, unless I don’t tell them it’s me, they start talking about Eliza’s ex-friends and boyfriends thinking that I am her. It just gets very aggravating sometimes.