Sheep among Wolves

I would like to start with an apology for people that had read this when I first started putting out chapters, Its been what? 3 years? I'm going to be finishing this up as well as I can and depending on how I feel after, I might be making more stories. I haven't played Obey Me in over 2 years at this point so some details might be off, but I still really love the characters. Sorry for the rant and I hope you enjoy the next few chapters <3

Word Count: 1083

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"GIVE IT BACK" Mammon's piercing voice woke me, I hope it isn't like this every morning.

I sit up and look over to see a mysterious box has appeared on the wardrobe. Upon closer inspection, the Devildom school logo is plastered over the top. Opening the box reveals a school uniform, except its slightly different from the ones the brothers were wearing. Gotta differentiate the livestock from the wolves. 

Mammon continued to yell incoherently as I got dressed, voice only getting louder as I made my way to the dining room for breakfast. 

"How many times do I have to tell you Idiot, this is MY card." Lucifer looks terrifying, mental note: don't piss him off. I wave to Asmodeus and Belphie as I take a seat at the table. 

"We're brothers, Why can't I borrow it for a bit?" Mammon begs like a puppy. Lucifer stares him down until Mammon finally backs down and retreats with his tail between his legs. Beel enters the room with Levi not far behind. 

"Hey Y/N. Ready for breakfast?" Beel takes the seat next to me.

"I just hope it's nothing too weird," I laugh nervously thinking of all the possibilities. What kind of food does a demon have for breakfast? Would I need to eat something rotten??

"Don't worry! We've got the best chefs," He puts his arm around my shoulders and shakes the nervousness out. Levi has taken the seat directly across from me and shoots Beel a malicious glance before going right back to his game. 

"I know this really great restaurant that has some dishes based on human food if you want to come and try it," Beel smiles down at me.  

"I'd like to make it through this meal first before I try anymore devildom food," I smile back, finally getting a better look at Beel. He is massive, at least 6'5''. Beel finally removes his arm around my shoulders as a plate of normal enough breakfast is set before us. I thank the butler demon and inspect the meal more. Pancakes, normal. scrambled eggs, spicy? Sausage, also spicy. 

"So?" Beel asks with a mouthful. 

"Not bad, maybe I will go on that date," I giggle before Levi and Beel both choke on their food. I look up at Levi and he's recovered quickly, going back to eating and looking towards the door. Beel kept coughing. Satan, which I hadn't even noticed took a seat beside Beel, smashed his fist into Beels back. 

"Stop eating so much at once, I swear you're going to die with a mouthful of food," Beel takes a sip of what I assume is orange juice before turning back to me.

"I didn't mean it as a date, I was just wondering if you wanted to go out to eat," His cheeks were red, not sure if he was embarrassed that I assumed it was a date, or from him choking on his food. 

"I was just messing with you," I take another bite avoiding his gaze.

"Beel doesn't know sarcasm much hun," Asmodeus says to my left. Didn't notice he sat down their either. 

The rest of the breakfast continues uneventfully, some bickering between the newly returned mammon and lucifer was the only noise. Once dishes were cleared, Lucifer stood to make an announcement.

"Let's make sure Y/N has an uneventful first day. We do not need them to be preyed on by a demon," Yeah, that definitely instills confidence. Getting to the school was uneventful, maybe because I was surrounded in some of the highest leveled demons in Devildom, But we weren't all in the same classes. 

"We have the same first few classes, I can protect you," Beel puts his arm around my shoulders once again as we walk through the front doors into crowded halls. 

"Thank you, Beel." I glance up to meet his gaze. He smiled wide as he led me to a classroom on the second floor. The whole walk through, I felt piercing eyes on me. Still not used to being the prey. 

Classes went on uneventfully. Thankfully most demons are quite afraid of Beel. Leaving our third class I spot Levi leaning against a row of lockers, still playing his game. He looks up to spot Beel and I leaving and walks over. 

"Time to switch," He says glaring at Beel.

"Don't need to get so hostile Levi," Beel turns to me, his sunset eyes staring me down, "I'll see you during our last period," He says with a smile and a light peach spreading across his cheeks. Beel walks away to his next class. Now its quiet and awkward. I look over to Levi, still staring down Beel.

"He's like 20 feet away, you ain't gotta mean mug him anymore," I attempt to punch his arm lightly but his hand meets my wrist before contact can occur. His sunrise colored eyes meet mine for a millisecond before his gaze shifts.

"We should probably get to our next class," he lets go of my wrist and starts down the hall. He's speed walking so far ahead I couldn't even attempt to reach his arm when another demon grabbed hold of mine. 

"Nice uniform, nice smell. Human right?~" The demons eyes looked hungry, "I'd love to have you for dinner and desert~" the demon wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me close. Levi finally takes notice and rushes over.

"Let go." He demands 

"Why should I fish-for-brains?" The demon sneers back.

Horns grow from Levi as he grabs hold of the demons neck. The demon quickly let go of me and runs down the hall.

"You're crazy man! It's just a human!" the demon yells backwards. Levi almost follows him before the bell brings him back to reality. He grabs my wrist and we run down the hall to the next class. When we open the door, the whole class turns to stare. At this point I notice Levi's hand had slipped down, we were now holding hands in front of a room full of demons. Levi must have noticed too because he ripped his hand away and took an empty seat without a word. 

"Sorry for the interruption, we ran into a bit of trouble," The teacher only sighs and gestures to the last empty seat, surprisingly enough next to Satan. If Satan and I have this class together too, why did Levi walk with me?

A slip of paper slides over from Satan, 'Demon?' I nod. Surviving here is going to be a lot harder than I thought.