Chapter 1~ The Legend

PLEASE NOTE:

Please forgive me if any sentences sound wordy or way too long. My bad!

Also, the chapters are veeeeeeeeeeeeeery short. I'm really sorry, I had limited time to write these.

The citizens of Spring's Wonder longed for winter to end. The holidays had come and gone with little or no cheer, and despite the town's name, there was no spring. Spring's Wonder was rumored to be enchanted or cursed or both, for the winters there dragged on and on, longer and longer as the years slogged onwards. One of the local kids, Kari, had always wished she could leave.

But her grandparents had moved to Spring's Wonder fifty years ago, when spring still came at the right time and summer had the proper temperature, so she and her family were there to stay. Kari's parents always said "Oh, but this is what Granny and Gramps would want", but Kari still wanted to leave.

There was a legend surrounding Kari's grandparents that they were the ones who invoked the Cold, and the citizens regarded their descendants, Kari included, as a family of witches and criminals. Among her family, Kari was considered different. She liked it when the sun shone on the frosted grass. She liked it when the wind whistled through the trees on snowy nights. She liked all of this as long as she was inside.

The rest of Kari's family enjoyed all of these windy, sparkling wonders only when they were out there with them. Although Kari had lived there her whole life, the wintry town she lived in was always a mystery to her.

But today, Kari decided to find out what was the reason for the cold in her troubled town.