Chapter 1

I met him at the airport. It was my first time leaving the country while for him it wasn't. In fact he was based abroad and the reason he came home this period was for his younger sister's wedding, so he said. We bumped into each other in a rush to enter the plane, and that was how we started talking. It was funny because we were both rushing to be able to sit by the window. He was planning to plead with his seat partner to allow him stay by the window in case he/she was supposed to sit there and the only way to achieve that according to him, was to be seated already before the person came in, and for me I was hoping my seat would just be by the window. I wanted to be able to daydream while looking at the clouds. Daydreaming was my thing. The fact that most of my imaginations didn't always come to pass saddened me but that didn't stop me from daydreaming. It was like a safe place for me.

I asked him what his seat number was, he told me and I couldn't believe it.  I looked at the ticket in my hand and smiled inwardly. Apparently it's either I was the sit partner he was going to plead with to allow him sit by the window, or I was going to be the one doing the begging since I didn't know who between the both was  going to sit by the window. I knew I had to distract him. Because of the fact that there was a little bit of a delay in our flight,  we were standing in a queue, entering one after the other.
He was in front me and they were two other people in front of him who were about to get into the plane. If he entered before me, my desire to sit by the window would be shattered. I didn't want to beg like he was planning to.

"What's your own seat number?" He asked.

"Didn't you drop that while you were rushing on here?  I asked avoiding his question.  I didn't even know what I was pointing at but I was pointing at something on the floor. You couldn't see it from a distance except you went close and that was perfect, that'd make him leave the line and I'd take his place.

"No, I'm not sure I dropped anything." He said.

"I'm sure you did. It fell from your jacket." He wasn't putting on his jacket. He was just holding it. Duh! Something could have easily fallen from it.

"Alright, I'd go have a look." Uncle said and left the queue.

Perfecto! I beamed.

During the time I was showing him the imaginary thing that fell from his jacket, the two persons in front of him were being checked in, he was supposed to be next but since he wasn't there, I became the next. He came back to the line just after I was checked in. I heard him groan a little and was explaining that he was in line but had gone out to pick something he dropped. He said they could ask me to confirm, of which I did. I went in hurriedly and sat by the window smiling sheepishly I had won. I was just waiting for him to come in so I can see the expression on his face.

😁

Who is loving the ride already.

I am!!
Please stay tuned.

Don't forget to give me that love and comment. 😍😘