Happy Together

This film was released back in 1997, and the scores tell you how well made this film is. Wong Kar Wai making a movie with his two favourite stars. It was joked about at awards so because it portrayed a homosexual couple. The 90s period was much crueller to the LGBT community than it is now.

However, I must say how great this film is in normalising gay romance. I have never seen a film as successful as this to show a gay romance like it's not gay at all, it's a love story, that's it. From the very first scene, it feels like NORMAL. Hence, eliminating the term hetero-normative society. Applause to Wong Kar Wai for that.

Two lonely souls decide to renew their relationship in a different country. Yet, they end up lonely in the end. One moved on with a positive character arc and the other held onto the past. The credit scene makes you question your thoughts about the film. I don't know about you. But, I felt like I was sitting in front of my mirror.

I found a video which I'll link below and I recommend you to watch it before watching the film because Wong Kar Wai is bold and confident in his films, his shots are complex to understand. So I recommend you to watch it first, then the film and finally all the analysis we are going to do here.

A novel of regret and a timeless future.