당신의 여왕이 아닙니다: II

A/N: Here's the second shot! I changed my mind. Instead of next week, I decided to publish this today (Friday) because next week is already national election day in the Philippines.

Happy reading!

——————————————————

(This part would be featuring Alexandria's point of view)

"Marie, does Jacob has a chance?"

After that, there was silence. Marie's face became a bit serious. Oops, wrong move, Alex! I think I messed up. I shouldn't asked her that. It was too early to say so.

"U-uh, just don't mind me."

"What do you mean by that?"

I sighed. "We all know that Jacob... has an interest in you right? I mean, I think he has a plan to court and pursue you. M-maybe, he's just looking for a perfect timing."

A long silence once again. Not until Marie, speak, and break the ice.

"Yes," she answered, and smiled widely. Okay, I already accepted my defeat. "I mean, he's a nice guy. S-so, why not giving him a chance, right?"

Her face says that she's delighted with the idea, but her eyes says... not?

Is there something wrong?

Why does she feel like less enthusiastic today? I'm getting anxious. Maybe, I said something that is wrong?

"Rie, is there something wrong---"

"N-nothing, Ria!" She with a smile on her face and energy. Thank goodness, she's alright. I thought I said something that may bother. "Just like you, I'm also getting anxious about the upcoming exams."

Yes, of course. I mean, if you're really into something, you need to work not just hard, but extra hard for it. Sitting all day, and chillin' in the air won't make things work.

I'm also doubling my efforts.

"Oh come on, stop calling me Ria!" I exclaimed, and she just giggled at me. Of course, I'm just joking, but I really don't like Ria as well as Cess. "I mean, just call me Alex, Rie. It suites me, better than Ria or Cess."

Marie looked at me with a hint of suspicion, and at the same time, a teasing look as well. "Oh... maybe, the 'Alex' nickname reminds you of someone?"

I furrowed my brows. Completely, I didn't get what she's trying to say. "What?"

"Jacob," she casually said, that made my eyes widen. Marie wiggled her brows. Is she actually teasing me or what?! "He was the one who gave you that nickname, right?"

Oh crap! Yes, I admit that it was Jacob who was there first one who called me 'Alex'. Marie, called me 'Ria', while my classmates and my family called me 'Princess'. I have a lot of nickname that they can use, to be honest.

But, let's just say yes. It was partly correct.

Oh, hey does she has an idea that I like the one who likes her?! Omg, please don't. I need to fulfill my task, not just because of something in return, but because I want to help him.

I need to deny all these things!

"N-no!" It took me ten seconds to shook my head, and answered. "I-it's not about him. Why would you think of such thing, if he's planning to pursue you? W-why would I like him, if he likes you?"

Damn, those words sting a lot. I mean, I shouldn't said those words. It feels like my chest tightened for a moment, but I tried to sound and act normal at the same time.