58 | you're beautiful than any dream.

jeongguk.

"if this is the end or we'll still have a chance to live, we'll be together in both cases." i nodded and laced my fingers with his, squeezing his hand once as we both looked at the door hand in hand, waiting for our last fight to begin. and as a cue, the banging on the door got louder and harder and the very next moment, the door was slammed open, revealing a man who charged towards us with his fist raised up in the air.

"we will."

i whispered and instantly pushed taehyung behind me and before the man's fist could even touch my face, i quickly grabbed his hand, kicking the man in his stomach before thrusting my fist into a punch, dodging left and cutting up with my elbow into his jaw.

from the corner of my eyes, i could see his mate rushing in towards taehyung as he swung a powerful right. but before the man could reach him, taehyung, and even in his injured state, met him halfway and lashed out with his own right. his punch was faster, and it caught the big man flush as he spat blood, falling to the floor.

but suddenly and as i was focused on taehyung, i felt a force heave strongly at my abdomen. it exploded and caused me to fly back and crash into the wall. i slumped to my knees and doubled over, clutching my stomach.

i cursed under my breath and saw the man striding towards taehyung who was fighting his the other man who was having hard time to keep up the fight with taehyung's strength. i pushed myself up from the floor and luckily was fast enough as i grabbed his head before he could reach taehyung, followed by a knee to his face.

the man rolled over to his side, struggling to get back on his feet when i slammed my knee on his head, pressing down painfully and i almost thought he passed out until he got up and strode towards me again. no hesitation. this time, i crashed an elbow into his side as i spun under his arm.

his face darkened. he seemed to swell up. hw exploded at me, but i just sidestepped his body and ducked under his arm before locking his hands against his back as i pinned him against the wall, forcing him to look at me into eyes. and when he did, it was all over.

my mind and thoughts connected with his and i immediately felt him stop struggling against me. i smirked and let go of his hands, knowing very well he was completely under my control. and i made him turn around to face me.

"you'll only listen to me." i continued when the man obediently nodded his head. "now give me your gun." i whispered and he almost immediately handed me his gun and to my fortune, it was fully loaded. my smirk widened as i caressed it and looked back at him who just seemed to stare into the void. "now you can sleep darling."

the man immediately let go of his body as he fell to the hard floor, unmoving. i sighed and turned around just to find taehyung looking at me with one of his brows raised, giving me an amused look.

"we need to leave this place as quick as possible." i quickly grabbed his wrist, ignoring the smirk that adorned his face, helping him as i gently dragged him along with me. we slowly and carefully made our way just to find ourselves in an isolated forest. i cursed under my breath, not knowing where to go since i was blindfolded when brought here.

"what do we do now?" i ran my fingers through my hair but felt a tug on my wrist. i looked at our hands and up at taehyung who started to drag me somewhere without uttering any word.

"tae, you're hurt-" i spoke, noticing how tired taehyung started to look but he cut me off as he continued dragging me to the opposite direction from the place.

"no, i'm fine. we need to get as far away as we could." i let out a sigh, feeling exhausted too but at the same time really worried about taehyung. we kept running through the dense forest until taehyung spoke again. "are you hearing that?" he asked. "a car's coming."