39 | just smile hobi.

when hoseok left, joohyun kept on smiling despite her pain. she held the shoes box in her hands again and her smile went even brighter.

"tae uncle seems to love you already." she giggled to her thoughts before turning around, willing to go upstairs to her room.

"i hope you like the gift, because we have one more for you." joohyun took a step back and felt her heart pounding, scared of the man who suddenly showed up in the middle of her living room.

"w-what are you still doing here?" she asked, recognizing taehyung's man who delivered the gift for her. but her eyes went wide when the man pointed his gun towards her. her breathing became heavier, and she didn't know where to escape.

"hoseok-" she yelled his name, hoping he was still close and the moment she tried to run away, she felt the sharp bullet piercing through her back. she held onto the table chair, trying to stand tall, looking at the front door that was facing her.

"this is what you deserve for betraying our boss." the man said before shooting her again.

"no-" she could barely mumble feeling the sharp pain spreading, but suddenly the front door flung opened, and she whispered. "hobi.."

"joo- joohyun?" before he could move towards her, joohyun smiled weakly and tried to take a small step towards him, but immediately felt another bullet hitting her and that was all she could handle before falling.

"joohyun!" hoseok ran towards her and hugged her body tight in his arm before she could fall. as his left arm was holding her, he shot the man with his free hand immediately. three bullets were enough to make him lose his gun and prevent him from standing up on his feet.

"hobi.." she whispered his name in her weak voice again when he went on his knees, holding her in his arms. "this k-kinda hurts."

he looked down at her, lost and scared. he saw his bloody hand that was on her back and still couldn't believe what was happening. her pink dress that he liked on her earlier was getting ruined by her blood stains, becoming red and taking away the usual crimson color on her lips that started to become pale.

his eyes moved to look into hers and he felt his heart breaking at that moment. those dreamy eyes that always gave him strength and hope were now suffering in pain that she clearly couldn't handle.

"honey? my- my love." he called her as he brushed off the hair that fell on her face and felt her hand gripping tight onto the piece of fabric on his chest.

"hobi, i am— i am so scared." she breathed heavily and her words suddenly brought tears into his eyes.

"do-don't be o-okay? everything will be fine. i-i am here." he brought her closer to his chest and rubbed the back of her head. "i am here." he knew he was lying and unfortunately, she knew it too. the closest hospital was more than an hour away from that isolated house and there was very little chance for her to hold on for all that time since she already had lost a lot of blood.

suddenly, another person joined the piece. jeongguk was in total shock by what he saw, he ran towards them with trembling legs before going on his knees, trying to approach his friend who looked too weak, giving up in her lover's arms.

"i am here honey. i will always be." hoseok whispered, kissing her, trying hard to stay strong. 

"joohyun-" jeongguk whispered and touched her hair before looking up at hoseok with tears in his eyes.

"w-we need to do something!"

"j-jeongguk, i-i didn't—" she looked up at him, struggling to even open her eyes.