Chapter 1

Robert's p.o.v

It's been two weeks since I proposed to my girlfriend, Tahliah. I'm one of the only people who actually calls her Tahliah. She usually goes by her stage name, FKA twigs.

I regret asking her to marry me. I love her, but my mind keeps going to my ex girlfriend and old coworker, Kristen Stewart. I wish I could just forget her.

After she cheated on me, we continued dating. I forgave her because I knew she was truly sorry. Our relationship wasn't the same, though. We eventually broke up.

I miss her all the time. I wish we could go back and fix this mess that we created. As I think, Tahliah comes in.

"What are you thinking about?" She asks as she sits next to me on the small couch in the living room.

"Nothing." I reassure her.

After I reply she pulls her mouth to mine. It doesn't feel right. I don't know why but it does. I pull apart before it got deeper.

"What's wrong?" She asks me. I've never done that before.

"Nothing." I say again, this time looking down.

"I know there's something wrong. You've never done this to me before." She says, pulling my head up.

"I promise I'm fine. I just miss someone." I say to her.

"Who?" She asks curiously.

"No one of your interest." I reply.

"Seriously. Who?" She says again.

"Do you really want to know? You won't like the answer." I say warningly.

"Yes. Tell me." She replies pleadingly.

"Kristen." I say plainly looking down.

"What?! We're engaged! Why do you miss her?!" She shouts at me.

"I said you wouldn't like my answer." I reply in a quiet voice.

"You're right. I don't like the answer. I can tell your not ready to get married right now. Let's just call off the wedding." She says to me.

"I love you. I do. But, I just miss Kristen so much. She's all I can think about sometimes." I say to her, being completely honest.

"If you miss her so much then why don't you go back to her?! If you love her go! I won't hold you back from the person you really want." She yells at me.

"I love you though." I say looking up at her finally.

"Try to get her back. If things don't work, I'll be waiting." she says finally.

"Okay. I will miss you though. Not as much as I've missed Kristen though." I say being honest again.

"It's okay." She says as she sits on the couch.

I go into our room and pack all of my things into a suitcase and leave.

I get into my car and back out of the garage full of regret. I don't know if I will miss Tahliah, but I know for sure that if Kristen takes me back, I will never leave her again.

I didn't mean to go straight to Kristen's door, but somehow that's exactly where I ended up. 

I get out of the car and walk up to the door full of nerves. After a minute i bring myself to knock.

A quiet tap is all it took for her to answer.

I haven't seen her in almost two years. Her hair is now cut close to her head, and long on one side. She's wearing jeans and a white shirt knotted on one side.

When she sees me her face is full of shock.

"What are you doing here?" She asks plainly.

"I wanted to talk to you."I say just as normal.

"Okay. Come in." She says gesturing me to follow her.

I follow her into her small living room and we sit on the couch.

"What did you want to talk to me about?" She asks impatiently.

"I'm sorry. It's all my fault that we broke up. I miss you horribly and all I want is for you to forgive me. I want you and it's been hell without you." I say holding back tears.

"What about your fiance?" She asks curiously.

"I broke up with her. I loved her once, but I will never be able to love some one other than you. I understand that you might not want me back, but I just wanted to let you know that I love you and I will never forget you." I answer, holding back tears.

"I've missed you too. You shouldn't be the one apologizing. I'm the one who cheated on you. I'll forgive you if you forgive me." She says full of regret.

"I already have." I say as I pull her into a kiss.

Kristen gladly kisses me back. I'm so happy that she wants me, because I have wanted her back for a long time.

We kiss for what seems like seconds, but in reality it was minutes. I will always want her. No matter what happens to us in the future.