Ice cream

Author note: next two chapters are also going to be about Sayaka and sanzu I wanted to give them some character development 

Strawberry or chocolate?

What should he choose? Nah his life was like vanilla plain and boring he didn't want to choose it since the smell of vanilla reminded him of the woman who was his fiance he fought with her today she snapped at him for not giving much time to her.

At some point, she was right to buy sanzu and didn't feel a little bit guilty of it because with time his feelings were changing. He sniffed as he took out the ice cream from the cartoon box he held the strawberry and chocolate ice cream boxes in his arms.

She wondered around the streets of Tokyo it was late at night she knows knew where she was going her feet were just taking her to somewhere with no destination in her mind she walked down on the cold crossroad she heard the laughter of a young couple she had a bitter smile on her face that laughter and giggles remind her of Ran the way he used to make her laugh during their youth days when it was just puppy love.

The tingling behind his eyes grew stronger. He wouldn't be stronger then he would end up crying in the middle of the streets. He didn't want to be a crybaby but he paid the money to the manager of the convenience store he wasn't paying attention to and bumped into someone.

"Sorry!" He said scratching his nape hestingly he never apologised to someone properly. How would you expect a criminal to apologise to someone but it was his fault so he met up with the pair of irritating green eyes.

"Haruchiyo!"

She said her name for the first time, his brows furrowing together and she held her breath as he took in her less than stellar appearance. His eyes trailed down to his sad basket of ice cream. In her basket, she had a packet of cigarettes and a lighter. Sanzu shouldn't be out at this hour. He looked worn out by the shabby shape of his clothes and lines of fatigue under his eyes.

There was solace in seeing him. Maybe it was just a relief to see someone that wouldn't pry. Or maybe, as selfish as it sounded, he was just as miserable as she was. That thought alone made her not feel so bad. They both felt like they both were not enough for their partners. Her lips made a small smile at him. He turned away from her. He had a tint of red on his cheeks.

A cough interrupted the two causing one to jump; they both glared at the intruder. The young store clerk, unfortunate enough to have the graveyard shift crossed their arms and tapped their foot impatiently.

"Are you two going to buy anything?".