Chapter 3

•••

•••

•••

The sun shining brightly as it greeted your jaw. Your mind woken up slightly when a harsh breathe hit your smooth face along with your cheeks.

You giggled lowly, thought you're still dreaming but when you slowly opened your eyes, you met  an animal staring at you.

You screamed and quickly sat up, you reached for your bag on your side but you felt nothing.

"No, no, no! Where is it? I-i need it!" You yelped while whipping your head around the pen, panicking.

You quivered in fear as you study the feature of this animal: it's harmless, it's skin is gray and  the tail has black hair, so do the head. You got confused, you didn't know animals can have hair.

"That's.. Strange?" You said confusingly, then sighed afterwards.

You kept staring at the animal while you quietly approaching the fence. The animal just stared at your eyes, lazily.

Your eyes are wide while you reached for the gate handle, once you reached the handle you quickly got out of the pen.

You sighed in relief and glanced back at the animal who is minding it's business. You shrugged it off, you were looking around for your bag.

"Señor! You forgot your change!"

"Ah! I'm sorry!"

The distant sound of yelling making you stop, your heart skipped a beat when you heard people talking, laughing and it's making your stomach twist in nervousness.

"I knew it... I shouldn't have just ran away... Ugh, I hope I found Mirabel.." you whispered.

You hide behind the wall and saw other people. They looked like you and your brother but different. Different heights, age, name, birthdays. They're thin or fat. Tall or short. Young or old.

You stared at them for a while and heard a window opening above you.

"Buenas dias, little ones! Time to water you!" A kid said from above you, greeting the flowers.

You gasped and quickly ran away. While you ran, you stumbled upon a quiet house and saw an open window, you have no time to lose and peeked your head a little, you saw no one and that's good. You lift yourself up onto the window and quietly sneaked in.

"No one's home? Huh???" You said confusingly.

You glanced around the room, the house is different from yours. Your eyes landed on a basket, and inside the basket is bread. Lots of bread, you have to stop at your track and grab some.

You approached to the table, taking your hand out. But you backed away, nervous. You felt the guilt in your stomach turning.

"Uhhh... No, I can't do that.. It felt wrong.." you said to yourself, distancing away from the table.

Your stomach made a noise, you were so hungry when it comes to bread because you are a bread lover. You took out three bread and munched the first one down on your hands.